Mountain Project Logo

Table Rock NC dispersed camping

Original Post
Mark NH · · 03053 · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 0

Hey everyone! I couple years ago it was ok to car camp (assuming since there were lotsa folks doing it) along the road to Table Rock and in the lot. You could also hike a couple hundred yards and camp too. I’ve googled and don’t see any covid restrictions and just wondering if it’s still ok. Most likely during midweek. 

Mike R · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 2,768

I was in Pisgah near Brevard this weekend and nearly all road side dispersed camping sites were closed to camping. 

I do not think they have allowed roadside camping in the Table Rock parking lot in decades, but perhaps the sites a few hundred yards down the MST from the parking lot are open.

J D · · SC · Joined May 2017 · Points: 25

I was there this weekend and all the road side sights had cars parked with tents up. The normal camping next to the main parking lot was open as well. What cannot be done is parking on the road but the camping areas off the road seemed fine. Rangers were writing citations for parking on the road. You also cannot set up camp in the parking lot. 

Mark NH · · 03053 · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 0

Thanks Mike And JD. Sounds like things are relatively the same. I shoulda clarified road maybe too - there seemed to be pull offs at a couple turns down the road a ways that people were camped. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Table Rock NC dispersed camping"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started