Mountain Project Logo

WC Friend Trigger Pull

Original Post
Adam Baron · · San Francisco, Saratoga Spr… · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 60

Hey all! Just got my hands on the Friends, 1-3. Like everything about them, they really feel like a much better designed C4, and in truth I wish I had built the bulk of my rack w them.

But there’s one thing that doesn’t feel quite right. It feels like the trigger pull is harder than it ought to be on the #2! I read on an older thread that the springs are stronger to mitigate walking, which I like, and actually I enjoy the better machined, stiffer-but-smoother action of the 1 and 3 compared to their C4 counterparts. But if the pull on the 1 and 3 are say, 1.5x the force of a C4, the pull on the 2 feels closer to 1.8 or 2x (subjective number assignment here, no real meter or testing). I’ve heard some other people say similar things on here once or twice, but want to gauge if I got a (golden) lemon or if this is a noted and observed phenomenon w all #2 Friends.

Not a huge deal breaker for me either way, I never notice the action when I’m actually on route, just when I’m obsessing over gear in my spare time, just wanted to see other people’s experiences. Cheers!

Erik Strand · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2019 · Points: 0

Ive noticed my.mastercams are like this. My 00,0,and 2 all pull with twice the strength of my 1. Got em all at the same time and they're all like that 

Ryan SD · · Rapid City, SD / Reno, NV · Joined May 2015 · Points: 0

Mine seems right on with your assessment of a little harder, and its nice. But my roommates are definitely much much harder to pull than mine. I was gonna lube them tonight and see how that goes as were climbing tomorrow. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Reviews
Post a Reply to "WC Friend Trigger Pull"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started