Mountain Project Logo

ANYONE IN BRITISH COLUMBIA?

Original Post
Astra Lincoln · · Victoria, BC · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

Hi! Going out on a limb here.

I'm looking for a spot to quarantine for two weeks after crossing the border, and a friend recommend I post in this group to see if anyone had an empty spot I could use.

So here's the skinny: I'm due to start a Master's at UVIC in about three weeks. There are several reasons it's really important for me to be on campus (namely: I can't receive funding from out of the country, and my courses are in person). So, I don't have a study permit right now; but someone at the Peace Arch/Douglas port of entry told me they could issue me a permit onsite if I have a spot to quarantine.

I'm going to try to enter this coming Saturday (Aug 15). If allowed in, I need a spot to quarantine until Saturday, Aug 29th. I will be traveling with a cat. (He's not required to quarantine lol).I need:- a spot that is separate from others (a private room, trailer, yurt, whatever).-shared bathrooms etc are okay, if you are okay with it. I would wear a mask anytime I was in a common area, and have Clorox wipes to clean door handles, etc.-I'd need a letter of some kind explaining my permission to quarantine, that included a statement that there would be no vulnerable people (older than 65, chronic illness, etc) in the home/space where I was quarantining.Ideally, I'd love to have a quiet nook to park my car, too, to avoid vandalism - but I could also just take the plates off for two weeks, or hope that my new BC plates arrived quickly...Other important things to note:I have been in self-isolation for the last 10 days, along with my housemates. On Aug 4, I took a Covid test, and was negative. I have taken Covid tests every 2-3 weeks since May, all negative -- and, for what it's worth, am almost positive I had Covid in March.I will be driving from California, and have gloves to wear when I get gas, and will camp for one night before crossing the border. Therefore I do not anticipate any reasonable chance of exposure between the day I tested negative, and the day I plan to enter Canada.Thanks in advance!
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "ANYONE IN BRITISH COLUMBIA?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started