Mountain Project Logo

Scrambling near Phoenix

Original Post
Connor Brass · · Kansas City, MO · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 20

Anyone have recommendations on good scrambling (shorter routes) near phoenix? Staying in Gilbert, AZ and trying to find a short rest day activity. Gorgeous country out here!

Used 2climb · · Far North · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 0

Uh hi Satan.... It is 118 degrees outside mate! 

McDowells Sven Slab area has lots of fun scrambling. If you go like 2 miles along the slide trail there there are some more low angle slabs that are great fun to romp around on. 

Supes have endless terrifying rock to scramble on.

Down just before Casa Grande there is a big mountain that I have no clue what it is called but it is a awesome day of route finding and there is actually some good looking rock on it. Access is hard, I believe I parked in a field and walked a pipe across the canal to get to the base.

Connor Brass · · Kansas City, MO · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 20
Used 2climb wrote:

Uh hi Satan.... It is 118 degrees outside mate! 

McDowells Sven Slab area has lots of fun scrambling. If you go like 2 miles along the slide trail there there are some more low angle slabs that are great fun to romp around on. 

Supes have endless terrifying rock to scramble on.

Down just before Casa Grande there is a big mountain that I have no clue what it is called but it is a awesome day of route finding and there is actually some good looking rock on it. Access is hard, I believe I parked in a field and walked a pipe across the canal to get to the base.

Have you tried the flatiron via the siphon draw trail in superstition mountains?

Used 2climb · · Far North · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 0
Connor Brass wrote:

Have you tried the flatiron via the siphon draw trail in superstition mountains?

Yeah. It's a fun hike. Not really any scrambling. Also it's a furnace in the siphon in summer. Don't get ded. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Scrambling near Phoenix"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started