Mountain Project Logo

Looking for partners!! Gunks, Thatcher, ADK, Rumney etc.

Original Post
Alison Marie · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2020 · Points: 0

Hi! My steady climbing partner of the last three years just moved away, and I’m looking to meet some new climber folks!
I live in Albany and have a weird schedule that changes week to week - usually free Saturdays, and then free random weekdays.

I’ve been a climber off an on for about four years. I’m super strong and athletic, eager to learn and push my limits from stronger climbers, and happy to share what I know with newer folks as well.  

I’ve got ropes and an array of draws and cams, though not quite a full rack (slowly...). I’m strong and athletic and generally not unpleasant to be hang off rocks with.

Trad: I lead Gunks 5.3 pretty easily, looking to move into 5.4 leads the next time out. I’ve followed up to 5.6+ there and could follow probably a grade higher still without issue.

Sport: Have led up to 5.9 at Thatcher, hoping to move into 5.10a this season. Rumney to 5.8/5.9 as well

Find me on Facebook - Alison Lacivita - or send me an email, Alison.Lacivita@gmail.com.. Or reply here!

Alison Marie · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2020 · Points: 0

Hey awesome!! Send me a text at 601-549-3275 — how about 8/7?

Danielle Em · · Pleasantville, NY · Joined Jul 2020 · Points: 0

Hey kids - would love to join as well! I'm newish to the sport, but picked it up quick with my very experienced sweetie before leaving CA to move here recently. I'm comfortable following 5.5-5.7. I'm going on a guided trip to the Gunks 8/2 with The Cliffs which will be my first time, so look forward to getting acquainted. Would love to join you all in the future.

Also, Josh, I'm an Osteopathic physician and training in Physical Medicine and Rehab so I would be fascinated to climb with you post-injury. Perhaps our expertise (climbing vs. medicine) could be a nice exchange.

My next availability is 8/9 or the weekend of 8/22.

The Cliffs is opening back up again too, if anyone wants to be my gym buddy up here in Valhalla, lmk!

Todd Jumpbuilder · · west chester, pa · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I will be in ADK high peaks from 8/16-19 and then in Keene Valley until the 22nd. If you are available during any of those times, I would love to get on Beer Walls. Or anywhere for that matter.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "Looking for partners!! Gunks, Thatcher, ADK, Ru…"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.