Mountain Project Logo

Marquette Miguel’s version?

Original Post
Chelsea Lybarger · · Grand Rapids MI · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 1

Anything close to what Miguel’s is in regards to camping near Marquette? 

Will O · · Marquette, MI · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 9,899

Not really. 

1. They haven't opened back up yet with COVID but if they do open by the time you come up, the Marquette Climber's Co-op takes couch surfers and I'm sure they'd let you pitch a tent in the backyard.
  2. There is the Marquette Tourist Park which cost's $18 a night.
  3. Rippling River Resort has tent sites that are more expensive than the Tourist Park.
  4. If I'm around, you can setup in my backyard. We have a fire pit and make a lot of homemade pizza!
Chelsea Lybarger · · Grand Rapids MI · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 1

Thank you for your reply. We are looking for a place to bunk. We plan on sleeping in our SUV and we have a dog. She’s pretty calm and really fun and barks when she’s excited. We’ve been looking at camping options and a lot are full. Our only requirement is that you’re not a creeper

Will O · · Marquette, MI · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 9,899

Cool cool! If the Co-op doesn't pan out, feel free to shoot me a message. I think the rock up here deserves some more appreciation and I'm happy to try and facilitate that. You can find me on Facebook or Instagram @will.otte if you wanna vet me as not a creeper or whatever, although it's mostly just climbing, so I don't know if that'll help.

John Miller · · Munising, MI · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 4,514

Chelsea, If you are back up here again, another good option is the NTN campground. You can check it out at link below. It is cheaper. Also, the NTN are the folks that make/maintain all the rad ski and bike trails. So it is helping a good cause. https://noquetrails.org/forestville/.. If you are looking to camp in the truck/SUV there are many options in the UP where you can disperse camp for free. The UP has A LOT of national and state forests with pretty liberal dispersed camping rules. One example by a crag is at Silver Mountain. You can camp at the base. You can also camp at the top of Palmer. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest Partners
Post a Reply to "Marquette Miguel’s version?"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.