Mountain Project Logo

Scarpa P6000 Inner boot replacement.

Original Post
Jonathan Sage · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 25

Hey guys, So this past winter my inner boots got stolen at a hut in Japan. I've tried replacing them with Intuition liners in Vancouver (we tried them all) and none of em will fit the boot without bulging the zipper. There are size 44.5. Moreover they were a gift from a Friend given me last summer in Peru; so I've no receipt to send to manufacturer. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a pair off Scarpa or know of some other reputable liner retailer? Thanks! (Im currently using Scarpa tech's in the meantime but I will need the P6000 for more serious climbs). 

Allen Sanderson · · On the road to perdition · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,203

Have you tried to contact Scarpa? Seems like that would be the most reasonable first step before posting on da internet.

https://www.scarpa.com

SCARPA North America, Inc
3550 Frontier Avenue Unit E
Boulder, Colorado 80301 USA
303-998-2895

Xam · · Boulder, Co · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 76
Allen Sanderson wrote: Have you tried to contact Scarpa? Seems like that would be the most reasonable first step before posting on da internet.

https://www.scarpa.com

SCARPA North America, Inc
3550 Frontier Avenue Unit E
Boulder, Colorado 80301 USA
303-998-2895

Yea, I have actually. About 2 months ago and I've never had a reply. I've tried there main line in Italy and the USA (boulder) branch. 

Allen Sanderson · · On the road to perdition · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,203
Jonathan Sage wrote:

Yea, I have actually. About 2 months ago and I've never had a reply. I've tried there main line in Italy and the USA (boulder) branch. 

Bummer,  try their email ???  customerservice@scarpa.com  

Linnaeus · · ID · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 0

You can also get liners from Sportiva, some are available on their website i.e. the liners for Baruntse, Spantik, G2SM.

jdejace · · New England · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 5

Did you try the Logan? Seems like it might be the best bet in their line.

I would personally hold out for the factory liner or (better yet) the Baruntse because they are proven and in your shoes (boots, haha) I'd be tired of f***ing around at this point.

Scarpa USA (and LS) usually answer phone/email in my experience, suspect the usual COVID related issues.

If you absolutely want to try something, Palau is the company that makes the Baruntse liners for LS but it's hard to find anything besides their ski oriented liners stateside. The "winter track" looks closest to the Baruntse to me.

https://palau-ski-boot-liners.com/ski-liners/?lang=en

https://skimo.co/palau

nic houser · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 10

I believe I have an extra pair of inners in that size.
I got them for free in Japan.

Kidding. I do have an extra pair of inner boots that I think are that size. They are for the original scarpa 6000. Let me know if Scarps can’t help you. They may be up in Alberta, and I can’t go get them until the border opens.

Thanks guys! I'l go and try out if Sportiva has anything good (that would fit) once the stores open up here.  I'm in no rush now at the moment.
Nic, I might be keen to follow you up on that if I cant find a warmer sort. Cheers!

nic houser · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 10

Yes, let me know, or pm me:)

Arthur W · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 5

John-
Hi, not exactly addressing your original question but maybe this can help.  I didn't like the inner boots to my P6000's and switched them to LaSportiva's Bruntse liner (yes it bulges the zipper a tad where the wrap around velco "closure" sits but didn't affect my climb or seem to lead to crazy early wear).  My original inner boots have ~20 miles in them.  Size 44 (can't remember how their whole/half sizes work, something about sharing a shell and different liners or vice versa).  I don't plan to ever use them again so if you want them LMK.

Arthur

Ryan Mac · · Durango, CO · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0
Jonathan Sage wrote: Hey guys, So this past winter my inner boots got stolen at a hut in Japan. I've tried replacing them with Intuition liners in Vancouver (we tried them all) and none of em will fit the boot without bulging the zipper. There are size 44.5. Moreover they were a gift from a Friend given me last summer in Peru; so I've no receipt to send to manufacturer. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a pair off Scarpa or know of some other reputable liner retailer? Thanks! (Im currently using Scarpa tech's in the meantime but I will need the P6000 for more serious climbs). 

What kind of ₵#@% steals a man's boots at a hut !?!

Anna Climbs · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 5

I replaced my 6000 liners with the Baruntse and they don't fit. Size 39 boots size 39 liner. They worked when I tried them at home but on a 6 day winter trip in the snow I couldn't get them zipped up in the morning because the boot material was frozen and tight. I had to pour warm water on them, then I could zip them shut with another person pulling them closed. And half the time the zipper would split open and I'd have to try again. Now one zipper is permanently damaged. Super annoying that nobody else seemed to have problems. I'm going to buy the Logan now.  If anybody wants a pair of 39 Baruntse liners only worn 6 days for a good price let me know!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Scarpa P6000 Inner boot replacement."

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started