COVID-19: At REI, we encourage you to get outside responsibly. Stay local, avoid recreational travel, practice social distancing and check ahead for area and facility closures. Learn More
Mountain Project Logo

Request! Your fave moderate boulder

Teddy Johnson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 95

Can't believe nobody's mention Zig-Zag Crack yet. Absolute classic for New England or anywhere really.

P S · · New England · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 190
Super Crack, first year bouldering in the 70s I was really stoned (high school you lnow) blasted out of the car and climbed it while my friends were seting up a top rope.  I looked down from the crux to a pointy rock that would have split me apart and somehow clawed through the crux bug eyed with fear.  My friends couldn't do it on.a toprope.  Hands down, dumbest and luckiest moment in my climbing career.
That’s awesome. Were the moves worth the hype? 
Ward Smith · · Wendell MA · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 295
P S wrote:That’s awesome. Were the moves worth the hype? 

You do realize that this is the Lincoln Woods Supercrack, not THE Supercrack....

Lincoln Mahan · · Waltham, MA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 187

Say what you will about the rest of this area but, Hammond Pond has a phenomenal v4 in the Hermit's Cave.  Hepatitis is great too at v5ish.
Also, +1 for Overlooked

Eric Engberg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 0
Ward Smith wrote:

You do realize that this is the Lincoln Woods Supercrack, not THE Supercrack....

THE Supercrack belongs to Steve Wunsch

Ben Molloy · · Keene, NY · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0
Shamus Gaffney wrote:

Adirondack Park Bouldering by Justin Sanford. And as of Dec you could get it at Rock and Snow.

A Canadian based store has 7 in stock still, I don’t know the conversion but it might be a slight upcharge though. The latest update on Justin’s blog was summer 2019 that he was out of stock. I might reach out to him to see if he plans on reprinting them, if not I might make an attempt at expanding MP into an adequate resource for Dacks bouldering. As for now, here’s that Canadian link. https://www.verticallstore.com/Adirondack_Park_Bouldering/p4546831_19221742.aspx 

Nickgrai · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 415
Ward Smith wrote:

Super Crack, first year bouldering in the 70s I was really stoned (high school you lnow) blasted out of the car and climbed it while my friends were seting up a top rope.  I looked down from the crux to a pointy rock that would have split me apart and somehow clawed through the crux bug eyed with fear.  My friends couldn't do it on.a toprope.  Hands down, dumbest and luckiest moment in my climbing career. 

Ward ,Can you tell us the story how you bagged the f.a. on the black smith? 

Dan Knisell · · MA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 3,741
Nickgrai wrote:

Ward ,Can you tell us the story how you bagged the f.a. on the black smith? 

Seems like Ward did all the scary routes no one else wanted to.

Eli Buzzell · · Plymouth, NH · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 3,581
Dan Knisell wrote:

Seems like Ward did all the scary routes no one else wanted to.

I think it’s more like Ward did all the routes everyone wanted to, he just did them first.

Nickgrai · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 415
Eli Buzzell wrote:

I think it’s more like Ward did all the routes everyone wanted to, he just did them first.

I think youre both prob correct. It would be great to hear these storys from the original Rhody Loadys on a podcast sometime. Anyone agree? 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Request! Your fave moderate boulder"