Mountain Project Logo

Psycho Climber in Joshua Tree!

Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,605

Apparently, some guy is walking around Joshua Tree picking fights with climbers, tried to beat someone up at Father Figure Sunday. Bald guy. Keep your eyes peeled for dirtbag on dirtbag violence.

csproul · · Davis, CA · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 330

Burchey?

Jesse Podero · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 0

Sorry about that

Holden Caulfield · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2007 · Points: 0

Following.

what over I wonder?  Bolting issue maybe?

Big B · · Sin City, NV · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 1

heard he kept yelling something about .....woodson and lokos only

Gumby the White · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 101

Yeah...... This happened to me and my friends. The dude was nuts, bat shit crazy eyes and all. Really hesitant to talk about it....

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,605
Gumby the White wrote: Yeah...... This happened to me and my friends. The dude was nuts, bat shit crazy eyes and all. Really hesitant to talk about it....

Lol, it was you?! Wes thought it was me but I told him I have a fabulous head of hair so it can't be. You guys were taking naughty photos with his stashed camera?? Fukn gold.

Mike Mu. · · hagerstown · Joined Feb 2007 · Points: 65
Gumby the White wrote:  Really hesitant to talk about it....

Don't be--spill it

NotBurchey ActuallyJustKiddingItsBurchey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 11 days ago · Points: 0
csproul wrote: Burchey?

I had to create a new account - wanted to defend myself.  This wasn't me, I honestly don't care for Jtree at all and I'm never there.  I'm curious to see how this turns out though, I do love me some internet drama!

I gotta say, bald guy with film equipment that can climb hard...there's no way though, that guy is pretty passive and mellow.  Can't be him.
Gumby the White · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 101
Tradiban wrote:

Lol, it was you?! Wes thought it was me but I told him I have a fabulous head of hair so it can't be. You guys were taking naughty photos with his stashed camera?? Fukn gold.

Correct. All jokes until it wasn't. Dude was about 6', white, bald and had blue eyes that penetrated your soul. Possible anger management issues.

PNW Choss · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2019 · Points: 0

Psycho climber Qu'est-ce que c'est. Psycho climber fa fa fa fa far better run run run run awayyyyyyyy! Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!

Uber Psyched Australian · · Sydney, AU · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 0

It really was an exceptional display of American hospitality that I shan’t forget for a little while. At least it was mostly just hilarious. Type 2 fun.

M Mobes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 910
Tradiban wrote:

Scrotum shots on a randoms camera sounds fun!

EFS · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 155

ha! only other dude ive seen who boulders like me...... without a pad.....i cant be walking around with that thing on my back looking like the silhouette of sponge bob square ass.....

abandon moderation · · Tahoe · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 239
NotBurchey ActuallyJustKiddingItsBurchey wrote: This has to be a case of mistaken identity...has to be.

Is this the guy?

bolderinggems

Oh god. My ankles hurt just watching that.

Russ Walling · · Overlord @ FishProducts · Joined Oct 2004 · Points: 3,436

Anybody that can climb Father Figure yet can’t stomp the shit out of a random bald aggressor deserves to be paddled with their clip stick.

Harden up son...

Greg Davis · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 10

It was me sorry taking out my MP rage 

Russ you are super wrong hard jt face climbing requires eating disorders and skinny legs not ideal for grappling or sitting down on your hooks and jabs. 

Russ Walling · · Overlord @ FishProducts · Joined Oct 2004 · Points: 3,436
Greg Davis wrote: Russ you are super wrong hard jt face climbing requires eating disorders and skinny legs not ideal for grappling or sitting down on your hooks and jabs. 

Probably right GD.... now if that bald toughy showed up at the base of Throbbing Gristle and pulled that shit CSI would be hard pressed to even find the corpse.

Russ Walling wrote:

Probably right GD.... now if that bald toughy showed up at the base of Throbbing Gristle and pulled that shit CSI would be hard pressed to even find the corpse.

Now yer getting it 

Fan Yang · · San Diego · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 198

Let me present a hypothetical situation:

Say you are wandering around Jtree and stumble upon a pile of (very poorly hidden) stashed gear near the base of a popular climb...well kinda just sitting there in the open. Let's just say hypothetically the stash contains a rope, a tripod and some old junk camcorder, and what the hell, throw in some draws and brush etc as well to complete the picture. You wonder: hell, this route is 10 minutes tops from the parking, them lazy donkey legs!

What would you do?
1) You leave the gear as it is. After all, not your shit.
2) You pack it all out and hand over to the ranger cuz ya know, jtree is a NP!
3) You make a funny video on the camcorder and then put everything back. (You are, after all, in a party of 3 and everyone is wearing a fuckin onesie.) Giggles all around; everyone wins.

Now, would your choice change if you knew the owner had a history for being a nutjob? What if you knew he was coming back for the redpoint (or more flail...) that very afternoon?! What if you knew he'd threaten you with physical harm and the good ol' "if I ever see your f***ing face again..." even after repeated apologies from all around trying to deescalate the situation. And if you knew he'd confront you at the edge of a boulder with a big dropoff behind....and grab you by the collars and try to tussle you around (because he's the big boss, obviously)? 

To really paint the picture complete, now imagine a little side kick who is about half the height of his master, eagerly fueling the fire with his "yeah!" "STFU!" & "Who the fuck do you think you are?!" "P***y...c**t...C**T!!!"

One really must also not leave out the nutjob picking up our stuff and stumping over them...

Lolz. I'll have a chuckle at climber's coffee about this one. 

P.S. we opted for option 3). They had no idea we already recorded some funny stuff...wish I could see their reaction when they find out.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.