Mountain Project Logo

Marc Andre Leclerc free solo footage Reel Rock 14

Original Post
Artem Vasilyev · · Portland, OR · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 105

Wanted to start this thread since I have been unable to find much about this footage online after some deep dives into google. I saw Reel Rock 14 a couple of months ago and was absolutely blown away by footage of Marc Andre (RIP) soloing a technical mixed alpine route. I have a few questions about it that I was hoping others might help answer:

1) What route is he soloing in the footage?
2) The footage is an excerpt from a documentary about MAL - does anybody have information as to when this will be released and where? I cannot find anything about it online.

Kip Kasper · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 200
Dallin Carey · · Missoula · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 192

In the film the footage is from the Northeast Buttress of Sleese. The trailer also includes a shot of him on Infinite Patience and a mixed/ice crag in Canada I can't place.

Ted Raven · · Squamish, BC · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 6

Pretty sure it's the Stanley Headwall.

Dallin Carey · · Missoula · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 192

That's what I initially thought, since he soloed 3 routes up there, but the rock looked too smooth to be on the Headwall. I could be wrong though. Regardless of location, his soloing was incredible. 

Ryan Dresser · · Ft Collins, CO · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 40

Does anyone know where the movie trailer? id love to see it again...

Artem Vasilyev · · Portland, OR · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 105
Ryan Dresser wrote: Does anyone know where the movie trailer? id love to see it again...

Same. I'm hoping that it will be included in the release of Reel Rock 14 when it's done touring. 

Ryan Dresser · · Ft Collins, CO · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 40

Its called The Alpinist. By Red Bull sender films. Its going to premiere at SXSW. Its going to be so SWEEEEEEEET.

Garry R · · Guelph, ON · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 0
Kip Kasper wrote: marcleclerc.blogspot.com/20…

How does this post only have 2 comments?

Nick Quesnel · · Littleton · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

I found this article about the film gripped.com/news/marc-andre…

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Mountaineering
Post a Reply to "Marc Andre Leclerc free solo footage Reel Rock 14"