Mountain Project Logo

Bottom 15 Worst States to Rock Climb

Nick Haha · · Baltimore, md · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 175

Delaware should be pretty close to the bottom due to the lack of climbing.  But on the bottom should include Florida and Indiana.  Connecticut shouldn’t be so low down.

Ron O · · middle of nowhere, southern… · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Silly exercise, just the 2 counties in southwest Utah beat EVERY state east of the Mississippi combined.

Doesn't matter who invented pizza; its who can take the ball and run with it.
I grew up in Connecticut and that pizza place in New Haven with the freshly shucked clams makes the best pizza in the world.

M Mobes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 910

Clams,garlic and some fresh oregano, no mutz!

Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 331
Ron O wrote: Doesn't matter who invented pizza; its who can take the ball and run with it.
I grew up in Connecticut and that pizza place in New Haven with the freshly shucked clams makes the best pizza in the world.

I want you to come to Colorado, where this can be an actual conversation: 

"Yeah, I'd like a large pizza, but make half of it bread-only,
and give me some honey for later, so I can dip my enormous crusts in it for no real reason,
And instead of red sauce, use BBQ sauce,
And instead of Mozzorella cheese, use cheddar,
And instead of sausage, use the fried testicles of a bull"

And no one bats an eye.

Then try to bake this all at altitude using terrible cheese that turns to oil, since no one knows how to bake well at altitude.

RMNP is pretty cool, tho. I suggest sticking with burritos for high-calorie, low cost food options.
Ron O · · middle of nowhere, southern… · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Oy vey, I lived in Colorado for 5 years in the '70s before you had to line up for climbs.

But I got to return home for pizza. Gotta be thin crust now though. No testicles please.

Live Perched · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 11

Rocky Mountain Oysters are good on any occasion right?

Vince Nett · · Denver CO · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

I’m from Connecticut, it’s the birthplace of and has the best pizza in the US. And I love how this thread validates that.

The climbing is also pretty classic with ascents from both Layton kor and Fritz weissner 

Nick Haha · · Baltimore, md · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 175

I’ve seen a lot of people talk about Connecticut and pizza,  what are some of the best places in tre states for pizza?

Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 331
Nick Haha wrote: I’ve seen a lot of people talk about Connecticut and pizza,  what are some of the best places in tre states for pizza?



Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 331

I think it more depends on what you're looking for: brick oven, pan, deep dish. I've never had a bad pizza in CT. Giant thin slices of NY style pizza never really was my fav.

You wouldn't think it, but getting a grinder outside of the eastern states that's worth anything is pretty much impossible. I miss those more than good pizza. Good one of those places next to the package store.

EFS · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 155
Long Ranger wrote:




ive stayed in mystic quite a few times for a weekend. of course, had to try that place. i didnt think the pizza was anything special. new york has their share of plenty shitty pizza places also. good pizza places are far and few between, in pretty much any state.

Live Perched · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 11
Long Ranger wrote: I think it more depends on what you're looking for: brick oven, pan, deep dish. I've never had a bad pizza in CT. Giant thin slices of NY style pizza never really was my fav.

You wouldn't think it, but getting a grinder outside of the eastern states that's worth anything is pretty much impossible. I miss those more than good pizza. Good one of those places next to the package store.

This is so true.  A hero or soft roll, is only good for half a day.  As soon as you pull bread out of a plastic bag, all hope of a good sandwich  is lost.  Stale bread and sweaty cold cuts.  Nasty. 

Dan Daugherty · · Virginia Beach, VA · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 5
Live Perched wrote:

This is so true.  A hero or soft roll, is only good for half a day.  As soon as you pull bread out of a plastic bag, all hope of a good sandwich  is lost.  Stale bread and sweaty cold cuts.  Nasty. 

But I haven't found a good breakfast burrito in the east so I think it evens out. Now I may need to get a grinder since I'm only on the hook for my food tonight

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Bottom 15 Worst States to Rock Climb"

Log In to Reply