Mountain Project Logo

phoenix area suggestions?

Original Post
i only love lorisa forever · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 10

any suggestions on areas/neighborhoods to live?
close to climbing
sort of close to snowboarding
would like to be in a downtown setting for music, food breweries etc
too sick of suburb life
trail running and hiking nearby would be good too

chandler, tucson, downtown phoenix, flagstaff??
also i am forever in love with one beautiful womanher name is lorisa
and i am only HERS forever!!!thanks 

Jon Hillis · · Valley of Sun · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 0

Uh live in Phoenix and everything is within a easy drive. Live in S Tempe and you can trail run in SoMo, Mesa and you can run in the Supes, Scottsdale run in the McDowells, North Phoenix and you get all of the Cave creek Amazingness. Rock climbing is in the McDowells mainly, there is lots in the Supes too but it is scary. Snowboarding is gonna be San Francisco Peaks and White Mountains both are a easy drive from Phoenix.

Living in Tucson would be awesome but it makes all of the Northern half of the state a long drive. Living in Phoenix makes S Utah a 6 hr dr. That is doable after work on a Friday and allows you to rage all day Saturday in the Utah desert.

Hit me up for trail running/climbing!

Oh and living downtown blows, all the running and climbing is a 30 minute drive from there.

Kief Manning · · Elgin, AZ · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

Don’t live in Phx. Tucson. Or north if you are ok with cold. 

Scott M. McNamara · · Tucson, Arizona · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 55

Paging—Greg O.

Greg Opland · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2001 · Points: 347

Close to snowboarding? I guess if you consider driving a couple hours to Flagstaff "close", then it works. Otherwise, you're in the wrong town.

For the rest, I'd search around Scottsdale old town and see what you can turn up, assuming where you live is open ended. I'm not much on the whole urban scene, but I'd guess S'dale urban is somehow better than downtown Phx urban. Someone else can comment on that. Climbing wise, from Scottsdale, you have relatively easy access to the granite areas in NE Scottsdale area, fairly easy to pop down to the 60 and head east to the Superstitions, Queen Creek, or Homestead. The granite areas in Phx tend to be old-school trad and bolted face routes that offer little of what most modern climbers would call sport climbing. Queen Creek is the nearest actual sport climbing.

pete cutler · · Des Moines, IA · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 5

I'm looking for a partner in the Phx / scottsdale area for a day Jan 10-12.  There with my family for a weekend getaway, I'd love to get out for the day. Lead up to mid 12, sport or trad, happy to climb hard or easy, single pitch or multi pitch.  If any of you are interested in getting out let me know!! 515-778-1718 petecut@gmail.com

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "phoenix area suggestions?"