Mountain Project Logo

unknown forearm flexor injury?

Original Post
theradone c · · Nashville, TN · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Very curious if anybody has had this same thing. I have been climbing 4 years, and been through various injuries. Right now I currently have a twinge in the middle of my right forearm on my palm side. The ONLY time I feel a twinge/pain is when I have my pinky and ring fingers curled and I extend my middle finger. There is literally no other time where any pain is felt. I can still climb to 100% completely pain free, nothing aggravates it except that one thing. For example, if my pinky is curled and I extend my ring and middle finger, zero twinge. But when pinky and ring finger are curled and I extend the middle, pain right smack dab in the middle of my forearm is noted. Is this tendon or muscular? It seems to me what would make this pain while climbing would be a two finger pocket with my middle and index finger, which I have steered clear of to make sure I don't injure it further.

Has anybody had anything like this? Totally weird. Going to take a week or two off and buddy tape it to the ring finger so I don't do anything to cause the twinge. 

bagel bagels · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 0

Pocket injury like you guessed. Keep all your fingers together for a while.

Aerili · · Los Alamos, NM · Joined Mar 2007 · Points: 1,875

Very likely a tendon injury.

Doug Foster · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 207

I have the same thing but my ring finger, so it only hurts when i curl my pinky. I don't see the need to take any time off, just avoid pockets

theradone c · · Nashville, TN · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

thats my plan. avoiding pockets and feel 100%

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Injuries and Accidents
Post a Reply to "unknown forearm flexor injury?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started