Mountain Project Logo

Which Chris Sharma video...?

Original Post
Mr. Stevens · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 1,553

All this crappy weather has given me cabin fever...

There's this Chris Sharma video I remember watching on YouTube back in 2009-2011 and I've never been able to find it since.  It has two very specific scenes I remember though.  The first is he's climbing in some huge cave and gets to the anchors and asks his belayer for slack to take a big victory whipper.  His belayer pays out slack and Chris keeps saying, "mas, mas, mas!" and then takes a massive whip.

The second scene is he talks about how many years it took for him to get from grade-x to grade-y.

Help out if you know what I'm talking about!

Brendan Armesy · · Golden · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 95

only chiming in because I wanna see this video

Gumby King · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 25

This came to mind but I didn't research the criteria you're mentioning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In6J9-UfzN4

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,605
Mr. Stevens wrote: All this crappy weather has given me cabin fever...

There's this Chris Sharma I remember watching on YouTube back in 2009-2011 and I've never been able to find it since.  It has two very specific scenes I remember though.  The first is he's climbing in some huge cave and gets to the anchors and ask his belayer for slack to take a big victory whipper.  His belayer pays out slack and Chris keeps saying, "mas, mas, mas!" and then takes a massive whip.

The second scene is he talks about how many years it took for him to get from grade-x to grade-y.

Help out if you know what I'm talking about!

You just described every Sharma video.

Dan B · · California · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 140

Sounds like Jumbo Love to me. I can't say for sure but I know Ethan Pringle took a fatty whip when he sent

Rob T · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 10

Nope, the “Mas, mas!” segment is a Reel Rock in Catalunya with Dalia belaying, I’ll look up after putting kids to bed.
No idea on the grade thing, house policy is to FF if Sharma (or any climber, really) is talking to the camera. 

Tj Rokumpur · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2019 · Points: 0
Rob T wrote: Nope, the “Mas, mas!” segment is a Reel Rock in Catalunya with Dalia belaying, I’ll look up after putting kids to bed.
First Round, First Minute?

Mr. Stevens · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 1,553

Anyone?  Rob T seemed to be on the right track...

Jack Sparrow · · denver, co · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 1,515

It’s in dosage five after sending Neanderthal it’s part of a montage of hard Spanish sends.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Photos & Videos
Post a Reply to "Which Chris Sharma video...?"