Mountain Project Logo

Portland-area climbers: Wanna learn trad?

Original Post
Patrick Beeson · · Portland, OR · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 106

The Mazamas are opening registration starting December 3 for their Advanced Rock (AR) class. You'll learn the technical and mental skills to lead traditional routes up single, multi-pitch and alpine rock.

I took the class a couple years ago and am happy to answer any questions you have about AR or the Mazamas.

Mazamas AR 2020 flyer

Artem Vasilyev · · Portland, OR · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 95
Patrick Beeson wrote: The Mazamas are opening registration starting December 3 for their Advanced Rock (AR) class. You'll learn the technical and mental skills to lead traditional routes up single, multi-pitch and alpine rock.

I took the class a couple years ago and am happy to answer any questions you have about AR or the Mazamas.

Mazamas AR 2020 flyer

I'm also going to piggy back on this and say that if you are willing to follow 5.10-5.11 crack and want to get mileage cleaning gear, but don't have the cheddar for a class, PM me to partner up. My only requirement is that you give a good belay (I personally prefer gri-gri belays). I am looking for Beacon Rock partners, mainly. 

I'm not going to present myself as qualified as an instructor (YGD!!!) but I figured that if you wanted to ask cursory questions and get a taste as to what Portland area trad climbing consists of, hit me up.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Portland-area climbers: Wanna learn trad?"