Mountain Project Logo

Question on General Etiquette

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Billy Pilgrim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 0

Interested in Group Thought pertaining to the ideal etiquette regarding posts on this forum:

When something sells, is it preferable to completely delete the post/item from a post containing multiple items, or leave the post/item and mark it sold?

Thanks very much and apologies to those that feel this post serves as detritus, a superfluous bit of dunnage upon the posting landscape. 

Tony G · · Dallas, TX · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I am actually partial to marking the item sold and leaving the listed selling price visible. Makes it easier to look up the value when getting ready to sell your own gear.

Caleb Johnson · · Roanoke, VA · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 0

Agreed, and it eliminates any questions on what was originally said if questions come up after a transaction.

Layne Zuelke · · Baton Rouge, LA · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 30

Third for leaving it up and marking sold. Serves like the completed listings function on eBay and a record of the market. 

John Rehwald · · Puyallup, WA · Joined Feb 2019 · Points: 10

Agreed.

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 2,936

I'm not sure you CAN delete a post if there's been a reply to it e.g. "PMed re. the shoes".

Layne Zuelke · · Baton Rouge, LA · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 30
Gunkiemike wrote: I'm not sure you CAN delete a post if there's been a reply to it e.g. "PMed re. the shoes".

I believe the fellow Lucas who robbed a few of us here managed to delete his post in an attempt to disappear. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY
Post a Reply to "Question on General Etiquette"