Mountain Project Logo

Winter Break Climbing

Original Post
Sophia Asta · · Scottsdale · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Hi MP,

I'll be back home for winter break the week of Dec 16-21 and Dec 25 - Jan 4 and would like to climb those sweet AZ rocks. I've got a crash pad and everything needed for sport. Additionally, a friend of mine will be probably coming along a couple of times, but I'll have to set up top rope for them...hence if anyone wants to lead some cool stuff (5.8-10 range) within a couple hours of the Phoenix area, send me a message.

Colton Dimeck · · Mesa · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 35

Hey Sophia I live around the Phoenix area during the winter months always looking for partners to get out with lead 10s on bolts and 9s on my own placements have everything climb 480-244-5905 hmu 

Trad Man · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

I'll be there this winter. Climbed at Cochise and the Supes. Ph# in profile

Lexi Olson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

Hey Sophia!! Can’t help with leading but would love to get out and climb this winter! My number is 4802045554

Tatum Schumacher · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2019 · Points: 0

Hey girl! I’d love to help lead with ya over winter break! I actually have a girlfriend who I just got into climbing and she’s been dying to try outdoors as well. She’s going to take a lead course in January, so it may be fun for her and I to meet up with y’all and she can do some top rope as well! Feel free to shoot me a text so we can set something up! 4807475594

Daniel Kaye · · Boston, ma · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 3,651

Yo, I may be in NM/AZ around that time, if you or anyone else want's to climb. I'd love to check out Mt. Lemon, Cochise Stronghold, and other areas around Pheonix. PM me or text/call 716.481.1351!

Liam Chew · · Wyoming · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

Hi!
I'm in Phoenix for this week, 12/4 thru 12/10, have trad and sport gear and 30yrs experience, bit don't know the areas.  I can climb any time, any day this week, with just a few exceptions.
HMU if you can get out there!

Arne S Johnston · · Detroit, MI · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Hi all,

I'll be in the Phoenix area from 1/1 to 1/6  I'm looking to get some climbing in on 1/3 (Fri), 1/4 (Sat), or 1/5 (Sun). I'll have all the gear to lead sport routes with me. I'm game to lead 5.10s. I'll happily follow 5.11s. I was raised in the area, but never climbed outdoors while I lived there. Looking to remedy that while I'm visiting family.
I'll be able to do some dedicated hours in a row while my kid's grandparents are watching him, but I really can't leave the valley or I'll just blow too much time in transit. I've been thinking about Pinnacle Peak and other local crags. Let me know if you've got better ideas.

Thanks for considering it. Feel free to call me (503 891 3781) and/or message me for more info or to set up a plan.

Arne 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico Partners
Post a Reply to "Winter Break Climbing"