Mountain Project Logo

Anyone live in the gorge?

Original Post
Em Ren · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 60

Just moved here from Moab. Does anyone here want to climb with me....or like be friends.... but mostly climb...

I’m itching to get on some rock, so shoot me a message if you live in the gorge

PNW Choss · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2019 · Points: 0

You mean Columbia river gorge? Where you at?  Definitely good climbing around unfortunately most of it might be out of season unless you like ice. I'm in Portland but I'll climb with ya! Dm if you want. 

Em Ren · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 60

yeah I thought all the cool kids called the area the gorge... :(

aenima bunny · · St. Louis, MO · Joined Jan 2019 · Points: 0

Just a FYI, the Cascade Corridors Climbing group on Facebook probably has the largest concentration of climbers that mainly climb in the Gorge, so I think you will have more luck there. The Portland Oregon Climbing Community Facebook group was a good one as well, but I think it shut down for some ridiculous reason.

Jackie Sweet · · Burlington, VT · Joined May 2015 · Points: 70
PNW Choss wrote: You mean Columbia river gorge? Where you at?  Definitely good climbing around unfortunately most of it might be out of season unless you like ice. I'm in Portland but I'll climb with ya! Dm if you want. 

Ice in the gorge?

Billcoe · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 861
aenima bunny wrote: Just a FYI, the Cascade Corridors Climbing group on Facebook probably has the largest concentration of climbers that mainly climb in the Gorge, so I think you will have more luck there. The Portland Oregon Climbing Community Facebook group was a good one as well, but I think it shut down for some ridiculous reason.

I'm not in the gorge but get there on occasion and even tie in with some of them. ^^^Ditto^^^ on what enema bunny said, a better group of folks most likely won't be found anywhere in Oregon. They're tightknit, but open and friendly.  I didn't catch where you were going to locate, but for facebook contacts in Portland there is also ClimbPDX and PACC, both good groups.  pacc link.

Welcome to Oregon.
Daniel Bookless · · Portland, OR · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 385

Viento is top notch Choss in the Gorge and directly between Cascade Locks and Hood River on the Oregon side, would highly recommend.  Also Beacon Rock is amazing!   Northside is open year round and boasts a great 5.10 adventure route.   Plenty of Portland folk climb in the Gorge on the regular.  I'm sure you wouldn't have trouble finding partners on Climb PDX FB page or the afterformentioned Cascade Corridors Climbing Group

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Anyone live in the gorge?"