Mountain Project Logo

Weird tingling

Original Post
Josh Rappoport · · Somerville, MA · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 26

I was bouldering at the gym. Doing a sit start with a lunge left with a mantle type press up from my right hand. I then felt a weird tingling feeling in my right arm going my front of my shoulder all the way down to my middle and ring fingers.  It hurt and freaked me out, but seems fine now
I know climbers aren’t doctors and I am not looking for a diagnosis but has this ever happened to anyone else?
Thanks!

Brent Apgar · · Out of the Loop · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 70

Yes. Many times.

Gumby King · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 25

Probably a knot in the shoulder blade.  Happens to me all of the time.  Lacrosse balls will soon become your friend.

Josh Rappoport · · Somerville, MA · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 26
Gumby King wrote: Probably a knot in the shoulder blade.  Happens to me all of the time.  Lacrosse balls will soon become your friend.

Please elaborate but be clear as I only played lacrosse through high school

;)It was definitely down the front of my shoulder and I think I felt the tingling in my bicep first
Shiraz Nelson · · Casper · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 0
Josh Rappoport wrote:

Please elaborate but be clear as I only played lacrosse through high school

;)It was definitely down the front of my shoulder and I think I felt the tingling in my bicep first

Lacrosse ball massage. Use it and body pressure to massage knots out. Works wonders. Start with a tennis ball if it's too much at first. 

Gumby King · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 25
Shiraz Nelson wrote:

Lacrosse ball massage. Use it and body pressure to massage knots out. Works wonders. Start with a tennis ball if it's too much at first. 

Thanks for the elaboration 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Injuries and Accidents
Post a Reply to "Weird tingling"