Mountain Project Logo

Hey who’s that guy on instagram?

Original Post
Hamish Hamish · · Fredericksburg, VA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 15

Just saw him at JTree, and I want to pull his feed to show my buddy who he is.  California boy, long hair, beaded necklaces, tons of uber-inspirational posts #yolo #everydayimblessedtoclimb etc. Pictures boldering with gear racked for no apparent reason.  Usually shirtless and well oiled.  Also poses in Bugattis, on crotch rockets, etc.

Bonus points if you point me to the original thread about the guy, can’t remember why MP was so up in arms but it was entertaining.  Thread probably got nuked...

Ashort · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 55

Gotta be Mr. Adventure!

Daniel Roberts · · Washington, DC · Joined May 2017 · Points: 25

was this the bodybuilding dude that free soloed?

Tim Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,482

Come on, man, don't make us search for the old thread. Just post a link.
Buck Rio · · MN · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 10

Mr. Adventure. I believe he has a "Posse" or "Krewe" made of up Stoked / Woke Broja's and Bratitas

Makes me puke a little an my mouth now that I think about it.

Tyler Phillips · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 1,710

I'm pretty sure 65% of climbers these days mostly do it for the Gram...

If you went climbing and didn't post it, did you really go climbing?

C Archibolt · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 959

I remember the thread but can’t remember the dudes name. 

Mr Adventure · · SoulCA · Joined Sep 2019 · Points: 0

Hahaha why so much hatred here man?  That's not me but the sickness doesn't fall far from me BROSEPHS - that's my boy Tristan, and he doesn't have time for the haters and neether do I.  Stay up!

Buck Rio · · MN · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 10
Tyler Phillips wrote: I'm pretty sure 65% of climbers these days mostly do it for the Gram...

If you went climbing and didn't post it, did you really go climbing?

What is the Gram??? 

And stop drinking Hamm's beer, it shrinks your testicles and causes conniption fits.

Here he is:

The Tristan​​​

Tyler Phillips · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 1,710
Buck Rio wrote:

What is the Gram??? 

And stop drinking Hamm's beer, it shrinks your testicles and causes conniption fits.

1/10

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Buck Rio wrote:

What is the Gram??? 

Surely you're not serious.
Dave K · · San Diego · Joined Jul 2019 · Points: 0
Why is he pointing at the summit of El Cap?

The suspense is killing me!!
Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Dave K wrote: Why is he pointing at the summit of El Cap?

The suspense is killing me!!

He’s pointing at one of the few things larger than his ego!

Hamish Hamish · · Fredericksburg, VA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 15
Mr Adventure wrote: Hahaha why so much hatred here man?  That's not me but the sickness doesn't fall far from me BROSEPHS - that's my boy Tristan, and he doesn't have time for the haters and neether do I.  Stay up!

“Hatred” is a pretty misused word these days.  I’m in it for the morbid curiousity, and possibly out of sheer boredom.  I was just shocked to see dude in the flesh at Intersection Rock, crew in tow.  

Also I truly can’t remember why everyone on MP was “hating” on him - bad memory, and all the thread nuking doesn’t help.  Anyway, to each his own and all that.
M Mobes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 910
Tim Stich wrote: Here he is:

The Tristan

Fuckin A Stich, you're a first class internet stalker I appreciate man!

This kind of bunk is whats helping America spiral down the drain!
5.Seven Kevin · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0
M Mobes wrote:

Fuckin A Stich, you're a first class internet stalker I appreciate man!

This kind of bunk is whats helping America spiral down the drain!

Not to derail a thread but the internet is creepy. Just came back from Aruba where we watched this weird couple (daughter and dad making out, neat), they spoke no english, we didn't interact, just people watched. They left a few days before us, and when we got back into the U.S. a few days later, my..... "detective" wife found their instagram...

Like wtf? lol
Reformed Troll · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 0
5.Seven Kevin wrote:

Not to derail a thread but the internet is creepy. Just came back from Aruba where we watched this weird couple (daughter and dad making out, neat), they spoke no english, we didn't interact, just people watched. They left a few days before us, and when we got back into the U.S. a few days later, my..... "detective" wife found their instagram...

Like wtf? lol

No link?

That's the real WTF.
M Mobes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 910
5.Seven Kevin wrote:

Like wtf? lol

It takes skill for sure, you have to think like them for a bit 

C Archibolt · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 959
Hamish Hamish wrote:

“Hatred” is a pretty misused word these days.  I’m in it for the morbid curiousity, and possibly out of sheer boredom.  I was just shocked to see dude in the flesh at Intersection Rock, crew in tow.  

Also I truly can’t remember why everyone on MP was “hating” on him - bad memory, and all the thread nuking doesn’t help.  Anyway, to each his own and all that.

I remember it now. He posted a picture of himself soloing some cliff wearing a harness and a full rack of draws. When asked why he was soloing with gear, he said “looks good for pictures.” Obviously a lot of ribbing ensued. 

I will share my secret. For one, using Instagram's search feature is shit. Use Google. Then type: site:instagram.com   Any words after that will be searched for only on Instagram. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Hey who’s that guy on instagram?"