Mountain Project Logo

been driving me nuts......nrg wv

Original Post
EFS · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 60

does anyone remember the name of the bar just about under the new river gorge bridge? i think it was on the southwest side of the bridge on fayette station road. probably more of a whitewater rafting bar than climbing. ceiling and walls were totally covered in bras and panties. was talking with my buddy about it and neither of us could remember the name......

Dave Baker · · Durham, NC · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 168

Monkeys Uncle?

dont think thats it, unless they bought the place and changed it. its in about the same spot half way down the road to the river. this place was pretty rustic inside, and not your "family" type restaurant...it was more of a party type bar. got there on a rainy day, had a couple margaritas and we hit kaymoor because the hole is about one of the only dry places we knew about to climb in the rain. pretty sure i remember it being known amongst climbers for its margaritas....its very possible that its gone, it has been 25 years.....

Dave Baker · · Durham, NC · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 168

Too bad. I've not been inside but that fits your description of the location pretty well.  It's just a hundred (?) feet uphill from where the road ceases to be one way.

sounds like the same place but changed from what it was. im looking at a vid of pic clips on youtube of it, and theres not one bra or panty, and the place is all bright inside.....

Brian Payst · · Carrboro,NC · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 10

Shirley’s?

Brian Ketron · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2014 · Points: 356

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel in his lap?

william wilson · · Ashland, KY · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 10

Red Dog Saloon? Rivers Rafting Co.? 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "been driving me nuts......nrg wv"