Mountain Project Logo

Fall 2019 Cam Comparison Spreadsheet

Original Post
Matt Rebong · · Orange County · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 5

Hey Community.

Built this little spreadsheet out in my down time to help me decide how I want to spend my paychecks. The spreadsheet compares cams via Range, Weight, Strength, and Price. Of course there's more that goes into buying a cam than these attributes alone, but it's a start. I left out cams which I wouldn't be interested in buying and the prices I put down were the cheapest prices I could find online that weren't on sale.

If nothing else, the spreadsheet offers a visual overlay of comparable sizes between different manufacturers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rWFCF-RSGeCGbCjDZsYctVdEC2xR6fcpiIEK_LK3LrY/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers
Chuck D · · Dallas, TX · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 20

Awesome, this is super helpful.  I know they're being phased out but the small sizes of X4's might be a good addition.  Other than that this is definitely the best comparison chart I've seen.

Bolt Upright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 8 days ago · Points: 0

Nice Matt. Thanks.

Saves a lot of work.

Jason Arrow · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 10

Awesome! I literally was going to look for something exactly like this tonight. Thanks!

WadeM · · Golden, Co · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 345

Wild Country will be releasing their set of new finger cams Feb-Marchish timeframe.

I'm getting my hands on a set this week. Will report back how I like them.

Jonathan L · · Cambridge · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 10

This site is useful as well for the visualization.

Ryan O · · Portland, OR · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 56

I forget who made this and posted it to MP, but another great visual representation of a comprehensive list of cam ranges can be found at cam-parison.com

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Fall 2019 Cam Comparison Spreadsheet"