Mountain Project Logo

Attempting to locate a copy of "The climber's guide to Taylor's Falls" By Richard O. Swenson. Or any other old Taylor's Falls guidebooks!

Original Post
Eki Enivel · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 10

If anyone has a copy of this or any other old guidebooks for Taylor's falls, please PM me! i would love to get a hold of one

Jesse Schlemmer · · Minneapolis, MN · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 0

There was a climbing store near Coon Rapids that was giving away guidebooks, including the taylor falls area.

Called Escape Climbing,  escapeclimbing.com/

Not sure if they have any left though

Burton Lindquist · · Madison, WI · Joined Jan 2002 · Points: 3,465

Eki:

I have an original copy of one of the really early guidebooks for Taylor's Falls.  My old copy has writings and doodles on it made by me when I was young.  I am not really wanting to give this up but I can certainly make a copy and forward it to you.  Th copyright date for this old guide is mid to late 70's so making a copy and giving you one shouldn't be an issue... Ha!

Burt Lindquist

Jesse Schlemmer · · Minneapolis, MN · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 0

If Eki isn't interested I'd definitely be interested.

peter graupner · · stillwater,mn · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 15

I might have a photo copied version of it, if I can find it. I’ve always been interested in the history of Taylor’s. There are so many cool forgotten routes.

jon jugenheimer · · Sandy, UT · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 2,690

Burt, can you please email me a copy as well!   Thanks 

Eki Enivel · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 10
Burton Lindquist wrote: Eki:

I have an original copy of one of the really early guidebooks for Taylor's Falls.  My old copy has writings and doodles on it made by me when I was young.  I am not really wanting to give this up but I can certainly make a copy and forward it to you.  Th copyright date for this old guide is mid to late 70's so making a copy and giving you one shouldn't be an issue... Ha!

Burt Lindquist

That would be incredible Burt! I’m very interested in the history of Taylor’s and would absolutely love to look through one of the original books! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest
Post a Reply to "Attempting to locate a copy of "The climber's g…"