COVID-19: At REI, we encourage you to get outside responsibly. Stay local, avoid recreational travel, practice social distancing and check ahead for area and facility closures. Learn More
Mountain Project Logo

WTB: big ass crash pad

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Aaron Felder · · Castle Rock, CO · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 25

Ive seen the recent posts, $300 for a used crash pad is ridiculous. Any reasonable sellers out there? 

Kevin X · · Boulder · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

Yo! I have an old metolius bifold and I'm in the area. It's pretty beat, but if you want it you can take it. It just sits in my garage and I sometimes use it as a lawn chair. PM me. Might be a good one to fill in a crack, or pad a bad landing. The foam is still even so you won't land and roll an ankle on it. 

Meow sure would · · Hell · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 990

I’d try shrinking your ass and buying a regular pad.

Brian ~+~+~+ · · Oceanside · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

trash days, free mattressesesssss

Meow sure would · · Hell · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 990

Jokes aside, I’d really suggest getting more small pads. Unless you are projecting a real highball with a perfect landing, big pads are very encumbering and unwieldy. They also increase the chances for dabbing, in a non ideal space. Have a bunch of thin pads, and stack ‘em. Or get more friends, there are tons of ppl who already have pads and as a bonus u get a spot.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.