Mountain Project Logo

WTB: Climbing shoes size 39.5-40

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Emmet Flynn · · Brookline, MA · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 0

Looking for climbing shoes to buy that are size 39.5-40. Specifically, aggressive shoes (ex: miura, vsr)

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 2,936

The size if these is comparable to my 39.5 Miuras:
https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/117825498/fs-otakis-mens-405-exc-condition-85

Bryce L · · Minneapolis, MN · Joined Jan 2019 · Points: 70
Gunkiemike wrote: The size if these is comparable to my 39.5 Miuras:
https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/117825498/fs-otakis-mens-405-exc-condition-85

While Miuras run large Otakis do not fit the same, especially when broken in and stretched out. 

Bryce L wrote:

While Miuras run large Otakis do not fit the same, especially when broken in and stretched out. 

Of course they don't fit the same - very different shapes. My point was that if OP knows he wears a 39.5 Miura, he might want to consider other models somewhat outside his stated range.  Evolvs run especially small; I doubt he'd fit into the Evolv equivalent of a 39.5 (I certainly couldn't).

Bryce L · · Minneapolis, MN · Joined Jan 2019 · Points: 70
Gunkiemike wrote:

Of course they don't fit the same - very different shapes. My point was that if OP knows he wears a 39.5 Miura, he might want to consider other models somewhat outside his stated range.  Evolvs run especially small; I doubt he'd fit into the Evolv equivalent of a 39.5 (I certainly couldn't).

Fit as in the length: Otakis in a 40.5 is larger than a 39.5 Miura and not in their size range, which is why I question your suggestion to buy your Otakis. (Although we both know why.)

Donovan Allen · · Soft Lake City · Joined May 2012 · Points: 402

I’ve got a pair of men’s hiangles 7.5 and 7.5 black wings. Brand new. 

Joe M. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 9,850

I have a used pair of 40.5 Miuras that need laces that still have some rubber left in them. Would be willing to part with them for $20 plus shipping...

B Hiner · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 0

I have a pair of Miura VS (38.5 new with tags) if you’re interested. Thanks

Miura lace, size 40, 40% wear on Resole + rand job. But they smell (you've been warned!) $30 + shpg. Awesome edging shoes.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY
Post a Reply to "WTB: Climbing shoes size 39.5-40"