Mountain Project Logo

Sport Climbing in Yosemite in November

Original Post
Jose Ignacio Seguel · · Santiago de Chile · Joined Sep 2019 · Points: 0

Hi,

I´m going to Yosemite in November with my girlfriend and we want to do some sport climbing, and i wanted to know where would you guys recommend us to go, either to do some multipitch or shorter routes, ianything works for us. We´re just taking 15 quickdraws, a 60m rope and some security items, nothing for trad.
Thanks a lot

Xan Calonne · · Yucca Valley · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 35
The Chapel Wall has fun sport pitches. Also, Mecca on Lower Cathedral. 
phylp · · Upland · Joined May 2015 · Points: 1,082

The “sort by sport routes” function works quite well for this but in the case of the Valley, do the search for Yosemite Park and not just for Yosemite Valley. Within the Yosemite NP listing look at Yosemite Valley and Lower Merced area. Reason being that time of year you Might be chasing the sun and want the lower elevation and south facing crags, a lot of which are found in the lower Merced area. The places like Chapel Wall and Public Sanitation in “Yosemite Valley” which is also sometimes referred to as the “Valley proper”have lots of nice sport routes but are kind of north facing. Look at Lower Merced area where temps will be warmer and much is south facing.  The crags are still in the Valley, but just a little further out on 120 or140. Reeds, five and Dime , the Cookie, Pat and Jack, are all a few minutes approach from the road and sunny.

Edited to add more info.

Blakevan · · Dallas, TX · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 55

You might have better luck on this sub-form: https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/104554751/northern-california 

I received a lot of good information a few years ago before my trip.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Sport Climbing
Post a Reply to "Sport Climbing in Yosemite in November"