Mountain Project Logo

Dolomites early October

Original Post
Kevin Dugan 1 · · Ketchum, Idaho · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

I’m based in the Conegliano area of northern Italy for 10 days starting September 27 till oct 7. Trad mostly with some sport. Have rope and light rack. Looking at moderate routes. Arco a possibility.

Brian Cook · · Park City, UT · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Kevin, i was hoping to find a partner near lake Como Oct 1.  Are you available?

Might be in Arco then, what are you looking at?

Well I'll be staying in Milan and I have Monday free to climb.  It's not the focus of the trip, so I haven't researched the area.  I have a friend in Como, not a climber, and thought I might see her.  But while there wanted to check out mp or a guide and get a day in climbing.
I get out a descent amount here in Utah and the region.  Anything 5.10ish or below is in the fun zone. Trad, sport, multi pitch.
I won't have a car.  

Como might be a bit far for me and not familiar with routes. Have you thought about the Levi area?

I’m out of Ketchum Idaho

Oh right on, I love going to the City.  Do you know if the train reaches the Levi area?  

Do you ski?  I'm still gripped from skiing the Sickle last season.  We thought we wanted to go for the Shield until we saw it in person, ha ha

I meant lecco which is also close to Milano but I’m a bit far to make those with the time I have. The train does get there and it’s probably considered como area.

Well, thanks for trying Kevin.  Give me a buzz if you're in the Salt Lake area.  423 834 4438

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Dolomites early October"