Mountain Project Logo

Ecuador Partner Appeal

Original Post
Luqman Samir · · Ambato, EC · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0

I have recently moved to Amabato Ecuador to live and work for a year (until June 2020).

Seeking climbing partners for sport or mountains. I have rope, quickdraws and personal equipment.

Please do contact me if you'll be in the area and want to climb, or if you have any recommendations/information about climbing in Ecuador.

Many thanks,

Lucky

Mafe Cevallos · · Chile · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0

I am going to be in Ecuador in December/January lets keep in touch to go climbing and mountannering.
Saludos

John Saxton · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 23 days ago · Points: 0

I'm looking to climb Chimborazo in February if anyone is interested: mountainproject.com/forum/t…

Bagel Sendwich · · Presidio Heights · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 0

From the State Dept:

Country Summary: Serious, sometimes violent, demonstrations and road blockades occurred throughout Ecuador in October 2019, disrupting inter-city, inter-provincial, and international travel. Demonstrations and blockades could occur again in any location with little to no warning.

Crime, including violent crime, is a concern throughout Ecuador. Limited police and judicial resources contribute to Ecuador’s overall high crime rate. Pickpocketing, purse snatching, robbery, and theft of travel documents are the crimes most commonly committed against U.S. citizens. Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page.

If you decide to travel to Ecuador:

• Avoid demonstrations and crowds.
  • Be aware of your surroundings.
  • Keep a low profile.
  • Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
  • Monitor local media for updates on possible demonstrations, potential road closures, and flight status. 
  • Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Ecuador Partner Appeal"