COVID-19: At REI, we encourage you to get outside responsibly. Stay local, avoid recreational travel, practice social distancing and check ahead for area and facility closures. Learn More
Mountain Project Logo

Men’s clothing brands for climbers build?

Original Post
Chris Votaw · · Georgetown, KY · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hey guys, not sure if this is the best place to post but I’m looking for recommendations. Since I have climbed I have skimmed out heaps in my chest and torso while bulking up my shoulders greatly. It seems like small shirts are too tight in my shoulders and mediums are billowing and loose in my stomach and chest. Do you all have any preferred brands you shop? 

Andrew S · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

I've had the same problem. For casual shifts, brands that have tended to fit me are Rab, The North Face (only if slim fit), Patagonia (only if slim fit), Gramicci, and Black Diamond. For dress shirts I've stuck with Calvin Klein Steel slim fits and Tommy Hilfiger slim fits.

KennyJoe Sabine · · zOmBiE = from = OUTER-SPACE · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 230

Army surplus store has tank tops for $7.00 a shirt. I recently got ahold of a La Sportiva Parker/jacket. They incorporated spandex in the armpit area. I can now wear it with out restricting the blood flow through my arms.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Community Forum
Post a Reply to "Men’s clothing brands for climbers build?"