Mountain Project Logo

“John Livasy on Air Nimbus at Dragon Wall”

Original Post
Ryan McDermott · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 110

The cover photo of the new Access Fund newsletter has this guy doing this climb at this wall. The single thing I could find about it online is that it is in Chattanooga. What do you think is the intention of the Access Fund for putting an obscure route and area on the cover? Is this an area that even has access? 

Ryan McDermott · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 110

And what are the details on this beauty? Is it two pitches, as the photo suggests??

Russ Keane · · Salt Lake · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 392

And who is this guy John Livasy anyway?   

Allan Ange · · Sylva, NC · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 0

Big Soddy Gorge which is in Chatt trad guide book.

Austin Coleman · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 116

Air Nimbus is 13a according to one 8a log entry. Think it’s on the same wall as triple kaioken

Redyns · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 60
This post violated Guideline #1 and has been removed.
Austin Coleman · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 116

My point was to provide a tidbit of info regarding the difficulty of the climb, and a name to a nearby climb that turns up google search results. Your point, or plan, was to attain sick internet pwnage via verbal diarrhea. You failed. I just wish your original comment was still around. Being a jerk isn't worthy of censorship.

Back to topic, Air Nimbus and Triple Kaioken have comparatively easy approach pitches,or maybe they share one (cant remember). Both are on Dragon Wall in Big Soddy Gorge, and climb one of most impressive overhangs in the TAG region. Both are underappreciated, but there are no access issues that I am aware of. I've actually been looking for a partner who's psyched to make the trek out to try TK for quite some time now.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "“John Livasy on Air Nimbus at Dragon Wall”"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started