Mountain Project Logo

Acongogua Jan/Feb 2020

Original Post
wisam · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 60

Doing Acongogua this winter (second 1/2 of Jan 2020 into the first week or so of Feb) have some flexibility on dates but need to be back before feb 12th or so.  Planning 20 days on the mountain to maximize acclimatization to make it a more enjoyable trip.  

3 of the members of our team have done Denali before.  Right now we have 4 people and would like a team of 6 or so mainly to keep the costs down.  

James Scully · · Denver, CO · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Hi!

Glad I discovered this thread.  I had plans to do Aconcagua in January 2020 but my partner had to bail.  I'd be seriously interested in joining your team if you're still looking for another?  I climbed Denali in 2018 and have done a bunch of alpine climbing here in Colorado, Tetons, and Cascades.  Let me know.

-James     

curt86iroc · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 74

a word of advice. don't do the standard route.  too many tourists thinking they can climb to 23k... for a more remote and pleasant experience, consider the east side up the vacas valley...

Thanks for the advice on routes.  Definitely open to something else other than the standard depending on the group I end up with.

James I sent u a PM

curt86iroc · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 74

PM me if you want additional info. I was just there in Jan.

Sapphire C · · Minnesota · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 0

Hi,

I have plans to do Aconcagua in January or February 2020. I'm seriously interested in joining your team if you are still looking for an additional member. I have summitted five 14ers in Colorado, The Tetons, and done lot of camping and backcountry camping. I also practice rock climbing 5.10. Let me know. Thanks.

James Scully · · Denver, CO · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Got your PM wisam.  Replied to last night. 

Hi wisam, could you post if you already filled the open spots in your team? Just for courtesy. Thanks.

Sorry sapphire I didn’t see you’re post. Yeah im still looking for more for the team. I see you’re local to Minnesota. I’m in the cities if u want to meet at VE. I’ll shoot u a PM

Hi Wisam, yes I'm in Twin Cities. With all the VE Summer camps I have been climbing mostly between 8:30 am to 1 p.m. Few weekends I had climbed Sundays in the afternoon.
I have been climbing more lately as part of my conditioning to attempt to summit Mt. Rainier lately this month, Aconcagua and Chimborazo are next ...
About meeting at VE, yeah, why not? Shoot me a PM with some times, days and locations that will work for you, and I'll get back to you.

Hey I could get to ve anytime today or tomorrow if u are free.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Acongogua Jan/Feb 2020"