Mountain Project Logo

Found - Rope at Farley 8/25

Original Post
Jesse Vanek · · Western MA · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

If it's yours, PM me with a description. 

Josh B · · Cambridge, MA · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 10

Is this the little 40m that's left neatly coiled under cuttlefish beside the communal first aid kit? That rope belongs there please put it back where you found it if that's what you took.

I don't know the name of the climb, but it was well around the corner (to the right) and uphill - a good 50'+ from the first aid kit. That said, sounds like I may have inadvertently swiped it nonetheless. Will PM details to confirm. 

Josh B · · Cambridge, MA · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 10

Yeah that rope has been there for quite some time. That route is cuttlefish. I don't actually know whether it serves a real purpose or not, but the WMCC often keeps other communal equipment in that dry sun protected notch so I think that rope belongs to them and is left there on purpose.

There used to be a first aid kit under that route too, but I guess that moved to the left closer to the wall of early morning light.

If I were to hazard a guess I think that's a piece of retired cord that they use when they replace the fixed lines on the upper tier it something like that

Huh. OK, I will run it back up there tomorrow. Community rope... Seems odd, but I guess it's just one more reason to love Farley! Thanks for the explanation. 

Took me a little while to get back up there, but for the record, the community rope has been returned!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Found - Rope at Farley 8/25"