Mountain Project Logo

Looking for experienced Trad/Alpine Partners for Tetons/Winds September 2 - end of season

Original Post
Shannon Wu · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

I'll be leaving California for Wyoming tomorrow and would love to link up to climb 9/2 through the end of the season. I'm new to the area and am excited to go from one climbing bender (5 weeks in the Eastern Sierras) to another. I'm game to swap leads on any of the classics to 5.9. I'll probably default to posting up at the Climbers' Ranch.

I lead to 5.9/10a on gear in the Sierras, follow into the 10’s and aid into the 11's. Just climbed Conness, Matthes and Shasta (w/in usual timeframes). I have a 9.1mm 70m, a single of ultralights w/offsets and aid gear, and have on offer a safe belay, warm smiles, vegan snackies and adamant c'mons!

Oh, and the obvious-- helmets, back-ups, safety checks, the whole shebang. I've got my WFR, listen to a lot of Sharp End and wholeheartedly want to keep hard charging til I'm old and gray. Safety first, second and third.

p.s. Bonus points if you have learned self-rescue techniques and want to incorporate practice into a climbing day and/or also want to combine climbing with riding single track (not necessarily on the same multi-modal crusher day).

p.p.s. Note about finding climbing partners from a woman's perspective: It is REALLY helpful to see replies w/complete profiles (googleable/cross-referenceable photo, full name, email...). Transparency about who you are outside of the MP-world really helps kick-off building trust =).

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Wyoming, Montana, & Dakotas Partners
Post a Reply to "Looking for experienced Trad/Alpine Partners fo…"