Mountain Project Logo

Climbtribute.com - A resource for finding, following, and contributing to climbing organizations

Original Post
Cam Hill · · Washington, DC · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 165

I recently put up a website with a searchable list of local & national climbing organizations, along with their associated climbing areas. I’d often had trouble in the past figuring out what organizations/charities served the various climbing areas I’d go to, so I thought a centralized list where you could search by area, state, or using a map would be useful to other climbers.

www.climbtribute.com

A few caveats:

• I know it is not 100% complete/accurate – I added a form to the “About” page to request updates or report bad links. I did my best to scrape info on as many active US-based organizations as I could find, but I’m sure some are missing and not all of them have associated areas listed yet.
  • I've added a few non-US-based organizations, but they are a bit harder to track down so let me know what's missing.
  • I am NOT making any money off this site, just trying to create a useful thing.
Check it out - hope others find it useful, I’d appreciate any feedback, bug reports, etc.

Ross Ayer · · Southington, CT · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 60

This is a great tool to get in touch with local agencies.  Thank you for putting this together!  I really like the social media links as well as the descriptions.  

Ross Ayer wrote: This is a great tool to get in touch with local agencies.  Thank you for putting this together!  I really like the social media links as well as the descriptions.  

Thanks for the feedback! Let me know if you think anything else would be useful on the site.

Julie J. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 0

Thank you for your hard work!
I used the form to submit for the Idyllwild Climbers Alliance, although I don't organize for them, they do great trail maintenance for Tahquitz and Suicide.  
Cheers!

Julie J. wrote: Thank you for your hard work!
I used the form to submit for the Idyllwild Climbers Alliance, although I don't organize for them, they do great trail maintenance for Tahquitz and Suicide.  
Cheers!

Added Idyllwild Climber's Alliance to the site and map - thanks Julie!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Climbtribute.com - A resource for finding, foll…"