Mountain Project Logo

east ridge inspiration peak

Original Post
wisam · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 60

Any good beta on the east ridge of inspiration peak?  The biggest question mark seems to be somewhat complicated glacier travel getting off the climb on the descent.  Also any beta on good places to camp near the base of the climb?

Not sure is this a popular enough climb that I can find a decent route description in a guidebook?  Making a trip in about a week so looking at different options for guidebooks to purchase

Curt Veldhuisen · · Bellingham, WA · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 862

Here ya go
wisam · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 60

Thanks. Looks great!

Marlin Thorman · · Spokane, WA · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 471

Steph Abegg usually has really good information on her website of the climbs she has done.  I always look there when I am doing route research for a climb around the PNW...she has done a lot of the classics!

https://sites.google.com/a/stephabegg.com/website/home/tripreports/washington/northcascades/pickets/southernpickets1

Curt Veldhuisen · · Bellingham, WA · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 862

Camping is no problem, there is a big flat spot about a half mile away and scattered bivy spots at Terror Basin.  The glacier isn't all that big, but hard to guess what complications it will have in store this late in the summer - potentially cracks and moat issues.  It seems to really vary between years.  

All together, that's a pretty full-on adventure getting to the top and back! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "east ridge inspiration peak"