Mountain Project Logo

Norway- Lofoten

Original Post
John Valecko · · Abbotsford, BC · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

First time travelling to the area, will be arriving mid August. How difficult is it to find partners in the area? Anyone have any tips or suggestions for Norway? I will have a car. 

Ziggy Chalkdust · · nowhere · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 29

The climbers cafe in henningsvaer is an obvious place to look for partners. You are also quite likely to find partners at the various campsites.

Brassmonkey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 115

I have a lightly used guidebook if you are interested.

Norm Larson · · Wilson, Wy. · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 55

John I just spent 3 weeks there in July. Absolutely amazing place.  Arriving mid August might be different but there were a lot of climbers camped at Kalle. Looked like it would be a good place to find a partner.
3 weeks climbing and we never clipped a bolt. Great traditional ethics up there. Also make sure you check out some beaches.

In June I started a thread called "Lofoten Norway Tips and suggestions" and got a lot of good beta from those who had been before and some locals too. Do a search for that.

You can also pm if you have specific questions.

Nicholas Kuzera · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 0

I’ll be in Bergen, Balestrand and Oslo next Thursday / Tuesday. Would that work to meet up? Any if not do you know of any good locations to head to to find belay buddies?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Norway- Lofoten "