Mountain Project Logo

Tinder for climbers?

Original Post
Kelly Lawrence · · Boulder, CO · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 25

I know I'm going to get crucified for asking this..... BUT..... Seriously is there a place I can just meet local, single climbers? Don't say the gym (cause I don't want to date a gym climber anyway). I spend all my free time lost on a sea of rock in the mountains, so dating someone not interested in that crap really doesn't work. I find it hard to make time for family and friends who don't climb as it is. And Tinder is post-college bros, adults who at most hike occasionally, and every once in a blue moon someone who actively participates in outdoor sports. I just want to find people who like the same shit, and scrolling endlessly through Tinder hardly ever seeing another climber isn't doing it for me. Seriously, I see climber couples, and so I know y'all are finding each other. Give me the beta. 

Francesca Parratt · · England · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 160

Really!? It says you’re based in Boulder, Colorado.

I may have slightly abused tinder on a recent climbing trip to find climbing partners and pretty much every other tinder profile there was a climber. It was frickin’ awesome. 

If you’re looking for romance AND climbing; maybe check out Denver Social Climb on FB. I had the very kind offer of a threesome whilst scoping out crag beta and catches. I did have to decline however as projecting routes as a three is such a faff!

Good luck though, there’s plenty out there ;)

Chad Miller · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 150

I too have shamed myself by using Tinder to meet new outdoor people.  Truth be told I had better luck meeting people by volunteering for trail work or training at the climbing gym.  I’ve also had a good deal of fun with meetup groups.

I’m out on the Western Slope so I bet you’d have a lot more success in Boulder.

Good luck and have fun!

Adam Susa · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

It's easier to meet someone you want to date on Tinder and turn them into a climber than to find a climber that you want to date

Fritz Nuffer · · The Western Slope · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 430

Check for local climbing social clubs? 

Hsdi Milis · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 0

I'm looking for a girlfriend, wife. So I started chatting on dating sites. I meet many beautiful women on naughtydate.com/ website. How to understand they are real or fake? How safe are online dating?

Mark A · · Golden, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 91
Francesca Parratt wrote: If you’re looking for romance AND climbing; maybe check out Denver Social Climb on FB. I had the very kind offer of a threesome whilst scoping out crag beta and catches. I did have to decline however as projecting routes as a three is such a faff!

Well played I am not entirely certain as to which kind of threesome you were offered. *applause*

Mark A · · Golden, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 91
Adam Susa wrote: It's easier to meet someone you want to date on Tinder and turn them into a climber than to find a climber that you want to date

Maybe true BUT I have definitely seen dudes who show up to the crag on a date and then get out climbed by their female partner look like they could not wait to get the hell out of there...then again that might be a good litmus test.

Justin Winger · · Wheat Ridge · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 10

Problem isn't the dating sites its the user that's trying to use it! If you want to date a climber you have to actually climb and not just do 4th class scrambles roped up!

Sam Sala · · Denver · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 45

Kelly, I know you think I'm an asshole, but I say the following with all sincerity and not out of any ill will toward you:

Almost every post you make comes across to me, and many others, as abrasive, entitled, or downright indignant. Case in point...your OP here.

You briefly say what you DO want then spend the rest of the time disqualifying all the "other shit" that "won't work" or you're "just not interested in". I appreciate the honesty, candidness, and willingness to say "this isn't what I'm looking for" but when

every.

single.

post.

is you essentially being condescending toward people and complaining about all things that you don't like and don't want, it's gonna be hard (in an online setting at least) to find someone who is interested in getting to know you better.

I'm sure you're a very kind person, and maybe you're nice to be around, but call me the asshole here, I have zero interest in ever wanting to get to know you more than the "roll my eyes at damn near every post you make" surface level that we're at now.

Sincerely hope you find a partner in adventure and that you both stay safe out there!
Cheers

Sam Sala, I haven’t seen that in her posts here. Do you know the OP IRL?

Mark A wrote:

Well played I am not entirely certain as to which kind of threesome you were offered. *applause*

I think this may be what the chap had in mind...

https://www.mountainproject.com/route/105972125/sex-party
Chad Miller wrote: Sam Sala, I haven’t seen that in her posts here. Do you know the OP IRL?

Shes apart of like 20 different climbing groups on facebook. She was kicked out of the austin group but mainly post in colorados groups now.

Joe Trabucco · · Boulder, co · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0
This post violated Guideline #1 and has been removed.
Justin Winger wrote:

Shes apart of like 20 different climbing groups on facebook. She was kicked out of the austin group but mainly post in colorados groups now.

Why was she on an Austin group when she lives in CO?

And I super liked you on tinder, and you didn’t swipe right.  

Joe Trabucco wrote: And I super liked you on tinder, and you didn’t swipe right.  

Climber: check

Outdoor climber: check

College bro: mature student perhaps?

Kinda cute: check

And he super liked you! Maybe you’re being picky? ;)
Chad Miller wrote:

Why was she on an Austin group when she lives in CO?

Shes from austin. Colorado wants to return her.

Alex E · · Colorado Springs · Joined May 2019 · Points: 0

From what I heard, she was kicked out of the Austin climbing group due to years of bullying and putting down other people. I’ve seen it on other groups too. She’s also flaked and bailed on some of my friends, unannounced, after desperately asking for partners online. She thinks she’s more experienced than most climbers, shits all over bouldering, and doesn’t seem to understand how to have a civil, thoughtful conversation with someone that doesn’t end in her trying to school them for being wrong. 

Alex E · · Colorado Springs · Joined May 2019 · Points: 0

Kelly, maybe suck it up and go to a fucking gym? Not all people who climb inside are “gym climbers,” and you could benefit from a little V1 TLC.

This post violated Guideline #1 and has been removed.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Community Forum
Post a Reply to "Tinder for climbers? "