Mountain Project Logo

Subaru Forester Bed Platform - FREE! Colorado

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Thaddeus F Baringer · · Boulder, CO · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

I'm moving and don't have room to store the bed I built for my 2014 forester. It's a great bed but does need the four 2x4 posts to be reattached with screws. It's made of 1/2" plywood cut to fit and rests what I think is the perfect height above the trunk floor so you have good access to stuff below and an ok amount of headroom. Requires the seats to be taken out. Quite sturdy, and was in good condition even after I lived out of it for all of last summer. Local pickup in boulder.

Can't find a good pic and it's been disassembled for a while. I'm gonna trash it this Wednesday unless someone takes it. I live in Boulder and work in Longmont. You've gotta meet me or I could leave it outside for ya.

Cheers,
Thad

gina Hansen · · Denver, CO · Joined Jul 2019 · Points: 0

I've been looking for one of these for my 2015 Forester! Do you still have it?? Can you email me at hansensclasses@gmail.com. I can drive right up from Denver!

Someone else is coming to get the bed tonight, but if they fall through you're next in line Gina! If you want I can also post the dimensions and locations/lengths of the posts for you to make your own. It's super easy because home depot will cut wood to any size for you for free. 

gina Hansen · · Denver, CO · Joined Jul 2019 · Points: 0

Awwww man! Too bad. Please let me know if they don't follow through. It would give this teacher the opportunity to get off road!
Please post dimensions / lengths / locations!!! Gracias mucho!

Caleb Nosak · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

Do you still have the bed platform?

I do not but I'm glad you notified me again because I forgot to post the dimensions!

The longer posts rest on the floor, and the short posts rest on the hard foam that is under the trunk platform. I recommend using brackets or more wood to reinforce the tall posts as they were a bit unstable. The corners in the back will smash the plastic of the rear door if you're not careful, so you may want to round them. Home depot cuts wood to size for you, and they sell some comfy foam mattresses that fit nicely in there.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started