Mountain Project Logo

Help finding search function on mobile device

Original Post
Michael S · · Dallas, Tx · Joined May 2019 · Points: 30

I have the MP app on my phone and can't seem to find the forum search function. Anybody else, or am I just blind?

Scott Biegert · · belle fourche · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 6

I couldn't find a way to search on app either

John Hegyes · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2002 · Points: 5,549

The search function is located on the very front page of the app. There are three colorful boxes at the top, just below the MP logo. The search function is the larger of the three boxes, on the left.

John Hegyes wrote: The search function is located on the very front page of the app. There are three colorful boxes at the top, just below the MP logo. The search function is the larger of the three boxes, on the left.

Nope. That one only searches routes and areas. Not the forums. 

Alex R · · Golden · Joined May 2015 · Points: 30

I don't think you can access the forum from the app. The app is designed to be useful offline and it was probably judged to not be worthwhile to cache the forum. There aren't any issues with using the mobile website.

John Hegyes · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2002 · Points: 5,549

Oops, yeah, there are no forum search functions on the app.

Alex R wrote: I don't think you can access the forum from the app. The app is designed to be useful offline and it was probably judged to not be worthwhile to cache the forum. There aren't any issues with using the mobile website.

I'm on the forums via tha app now... probably limited forum functionality though. 

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Alex R wrote: I don't think you can access the forum from the app.
Look at that home page again!
Annie Ashenfelter · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 432

How to access forum search from the mobile app!  

When you access the forum from within the mobile app, you are viewing the website through the frame of the app.  You may notice that if you tap the forum link while offline, only a blank white page displays - cellular or wifi connection is required.  

There is no built-in forum search within the app, but you can navigate to search through the embedded website:  

1. View any forum thread  
2. Tap any user name (a)  
3. Tap the menu (b)  
4. Access the website search (c)  
5. Results include forum posts (d)

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

Yes, you can search the forums on the mobile app, as Annie pointed out. Easy to do.

Scott Biegert · · belle fourche · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 6

Genius!!!!!!!!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Help
Post a Reply to "Help finding search function on mobile device"