Mountain Project Logo

Ropes (new/barely used)

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Brandon Ray · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

Trying to sell some ropes. Three of them have never been used. The other ones have barely been used. We cannot use any ropes after 3 years from date of manufacture where I work and these were hidden in the back under some older stuff. Normally we cut them up and use them as work ropes for hauling or practicing systems, but these just got put in some boxes in the back. They have always been stored indoors and are in great shape. I also have detailed rope logs for all of the ones that have seen some use if you really want. Shoot me a message if you want the rope logs or more info. Give me a reasonable offer on any of them and we can work out shipping. I'm not looking for a lot, just need to clear up some space and don't want to throw them out. Descriptions below

From left to right using the first picture.

- Brand new 70 meter Maxim New England 9.0mm half ropes (two yellow ones). Brand new, purchased in 2009 but date of manufacture is 2008 and 2007

-Brand new 70 meter Maxim New England 10.5mm single rope (Green). Brand new, I was going to keep this one for personal use, but considering I just bought 2 beal operas I should probably just use those first lol. This one was still sealed in the plastic wrapper until last week, I practiced raising systems with it once using a 25lb weight but other than that it is brand new and has never been climbed on. Purchased in 2009 date of manufacture 2008.

-The yellow rope is a Maxim new england single rated rope. I don't currently have the date of manufacture or size (I would guess 9-9.5mm), but it was purchased in 2009. We number our ropes with a label maker and tape and the tape ripped off the info tag. If you are interested shoot me a message and I'll dig up the log book to see its specific stats. It has some dirt on it but in very good condition.

-70 meter Maxim New England 10.5 single rope (blue). Purchased in 2009 and 2008 date of manufacture. Good condition with minor wear spots used only a couple of times.

-The 4 tan and green ones are 60 meter Maxim New England 10.2mm ropes. Purchased in 2014 with a date of manufacture of 2013. They look brand new and don't really have any signs of use. I have more than 4 of these if anyone is interested.

FYI the first couple 60M tan/green 10.2mm singles that are sold are essentially brand new. I don't see any wear on the sheaths and the rope logs are not filled out for those specific numbered ropes. 

Ben Pellerin · · Spaceship Earth · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

What will you take for the 70m green 10.5? I'll cover shipping if the price is right. 

Anthony Chastaine · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 0

PM'd regarding 60m 10.2mm single

Boomer Climber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2019 · Points: 0

Pm’d On the ones I’m interested in..

Ben Pellerin wrote: What will you take for the 70m green 10.5? I'll cover shipping if the price is right. 

PM me an offer. I'm not asking a lot. Shipping is probably going to be close to the price.

Ryan PK · · Parker, CO · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

Pmed

Rob Hall · · Orlando, FL · Joined Feb 2019 · Points: 35

Price on 70m maximum blue and one tan and blue rope

Checking in with you.... ?? Wanted to make sure we could get PayPal handled... 

Alejandro Cancio · · Boulder, Co · Joined Jan 2019 · Points: 0

Pmd but I didn't get a response, making sure you got it

Travis S · · Texas · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 20

Pm’d 

Where did you go??? Anyone hear back from OP??

Boomer Climber wrote: Where did you go??? Anyone hear back from OP??

Negative. Communication via email for a bit to sort out price, sent money via PayPal, all quiet on the western front. Giving it another day or two before I claw back the payment. 

EFS · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 50

yeah, i got one contact a day after his post and poof, gone since then.

That’s the same I got... might be he is climbing? Working? Lost communication device? Or?? Still would be nice to know if I can fogettaboutit or what? Oh well...

I've received an email and a shipping number. OP claims late night friday and gone/busy all weekend. Glad to have heard back, hope everyone else gets updated as well.

no contact here at all......

Ben Pellerin · · Spaceship Earth · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0
EFS wrote: yeah, i got one contact a day after his post and poof, gone since then.

Same happened to me. 

multiple emails sent, still no contact, i think this dude flaked out.....

Layne Zuelke · · Baton Rouge, LA · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 30

Anyone receive a rope yet?

Dylan McIntosh · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 0

Gym he worked at probably got mad he was selling old ropes so he bailed. Doubt anyone even got an email response

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY
Post a Reply to "Ropes (new/barely used)"