Mountain Project Logo

Wtb: RETIRED Cams. Any condition. TCU, Alien clones

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Former Climber · · PA · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 2

Looking for RETIRED cams to take measurements off of.  Specifically Metolious TCU, BD C3/X4, Fixe/Totem

DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN USABLE CONDITION, and “cheap/free” is the operative word.  Will cover shipping though, and if it makes you feel better feel free to sever the thumb loop.  They will not be used for climbing.  I simply want to update my decade-old spreadsheet of cam measurements (head width, lobe width, alloy) and folks at the gear shop won’t let me do hardness testing.

Daniel Kay · · Boulder, CO · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 30

Pulled this mangled c3 off a climb in RMNP. Non-functional but probably perfect for your needs. Shoot me a PM if you want it.

Exactly what I’m looking for!

Hm.  How does PM work here...  

I /think/ the PM sent.  Give a holler if it didn’t, please.  

Bump to say Daniel’s mangled C3 has arrived, and I can’t wait to cut it apart.

Still looking for TCU, X4, Fixe/Totem.  Preferably mangled and beyond use, as I’m only interested in things like lobe hardness, axle diameter, head width, etc rather than actually using it.

Will gladly pay shipping.

Also, I never realized the trigger wire hole on a C3 goes through the wider part of the center lobe.  That’s easily 20x diameter deep (can’t find my calipers at the moment).  Not easy to do, especially with angled entry and exit surfaces.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.