Mountain Project Logo

Looking for Trad/Alpine Partners for Mammoth/Bishop/Eastside July 2-11

Original Post
Shannon Wu · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

I'll be leaving Truckee for the eastside for the first two weeks of July and would love to link up to climb 7/2-7/11. I've only climbed a few times in this area and am open to swapping leads on classics in the 5.8/5.9/10a range.

I lead on gear at 5.9, follow into the 10’s and aid into the 11's. Just summited Shasta. I have a 70m, a single of ultralights w/offsets and aid gear, and have on offer a safe belay, warm smiles, vegan snacks and adamant c'mons!

Oh, and the obvious-- helmets, back-ups, safety checks, the whole shebang. I've got my WFR, listen to a lot of Sharp End and wholeheartedly want to keep hard charging til I'm old and gray. Safety first, second and third. Climb on!

p.s. Bonus points if you have learned self-rescue techniques and want to incorporate practice into a climbing day and/or also want to combine climbing with riding Mammoth Mountain in the early AMs, single track trails and/or going bc touring (or combining it all into some crazy multi-modal crusher day).

***Note about finding climbing partners from a woman's perspective: It is REALLY helpful to see replies w/complete profiles (googleable/cross-referenceable photo, full name, email...). Transparency about who you are outside of the MP-world really helps kick-off building trust =).  

ray tan · · mountain view, ca · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 10

Hi Shannon,

Sorry I know you posted for Mammoth/Eastern Sierras.    I'm looking for Aid/Trad partner for the Valley or Tuolumne Jul 10th-12th.  We both lead up to 5.9 trad.  Just in case you would consider meeting in Tuolumne?

Yours,

Ray

p.s. I can send you my Facebook profile link, email etc.  

Mad Hatter · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 40

Hey shannon i will be in bishop july 7th-10th if you would like to climb! I dont have any equipment besides personal equipment but am a good belay and will carry your equipment hah! Shoot me a text if youd liketoo, 928 961 1052!

Alex S · · Ridgecrest CA · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 493

hi shannon,

I'm looking for a climbing partner last minute for Thursday July 11th, are you available to climb in a mammoth or Bishop area?

• PM me, or text 989-9nine2-6fourEight8
Mark Fiji · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 45

If you're available for Sheila and Pratt’s tomorrow morning let me know!

I have all the gear from black totems to #10 Merlin 
909-714-3649

Benjamin Poirier · · Twin Bridges, CA · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 50

Random question: is that Long Dong in your profile picture?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California Partners
Post a Reply to "Looking for Trad/Alpine Partners for Mammoth/Bi…"