Mountain Project Logo

Lake Tahoe cragging /weekday partner

Original Post
Kerry Burke · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0

Hi all!
Visiting Lake Tahoe for about a week. My climbing partner works remotely until late afternoon so we're looking for suggestions on some local cragging/ shorter approaches that we can get to after work. Also open to some rad shorter multi pitch ideas!

Additionally if anyone is looking for weekday partners, let me know. I'm open to easy/mod sport and trad.

Thanks(:

Ansel R · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 30

Really depends on what part of Tahoe you are near. A lot of crags in Tahoe have a short approach, but can be made long if you have to drive from one side of the lake to the other.

Harumpfster Boondoggle · · Between yesterday and today. · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 148

Donner Pass if in the north, Pie Shop or 90 foot wall if in the south.

Ryan Pfleger · · Boise, ID · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 20

As has been said, it depends where you will be? Feel free to get in touch if you want to climb midweek I have the next couple weeks off.

Court · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2013 · Points: 110

I'm down to climb anywhere on the south shore. Way more short approaches than just Pie Shop and 90'. I'm off Mon-tuesdays but typically don't work til 4 anyway.

Jordy Clements · · Lake Tahoe · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 21

Spooner has a 9, maybe a 9+, some 10s, nice 11, and on up. Stop...by see where you’re at. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California
Post a Reply to "Lake Tahoe cragging /weekday partner "