Mountain Project Logo

Best climbingwalls in Maple Canyon

Original Post
Jan Förstemann · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0

I will be in Maple Canyon with my family  just for 2 days. Wich are the must do walls  (grade 5.9-5.11) with easy aproach (kids)?  Maybe close to the campground. Thanks for the Tips.

Brian in SLC · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Oct 2003 · Points: 21,746

I think for most folks, the "must do" walls are somewhat of a hike from the campground.

Given the nature of the rock in Maple, I'd be careful about parking kids under any wall especially around folks that are climbing.  That rock is loose!

Schoolroom (practically in the campground) has a large staging area and some routes in the grade range you're looking for.  Usually pretty crowded.

Left Fork area is also close.  

Have fun and be safe!

Ken Noyce · · Layton, UT · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,648
Jan Förstemann wrote: I will be in Maple Canyon with my family  just for 2 days. Wich are the must do walls  (grade 5.9-5.11) with easy aproach (kids)?  Maybe close to the campground. Thanks for the Tips.

Must do walls, and grade 5.9-5.11 don't really go together at maple, the must do walls are generally the harder ones, however, at those grades, you can find many walls close to the campground with easy approaches.  In my opinion, some of the best routes in those grades would be at the Engagement Alcove and Orangutan walls in the left fork (probably a 2-5 minute walk from the campground). 

John B. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Right Hand Fork has some nice places at that grade.  Zen Garden and Oxygen Wall are good choices with a family.  There is space to hang out at the base of those walls without being directly under the climbers.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern Utah & Idaho
Post a Reply to "Best climbingwalls in Maple Canyon "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started