Mountain Project Logo

Beginner - looking for climbing partner in Asheville

Original Post
Brody Gibson · · Asheville, NC · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 0

I'm just getting into climbing and would love to meet someone else relatively new or someone that just needs a partner to top rope or boulder, until we're comfortable with sport and trad. I've been to SMAC enough time to get my feet wet and will be taking a basic instructional course in the next week so I will be able to safely belay.

Brooke Morton · · North Carolina · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

I’m down in Hickory and pretty new to climbing! If you’re still looking for a climb buddy pm me!

Hey Brooke, thanks for reaching out! I'm still looking for a climbing partner. I've been going to SMAC the climbing gym in Asheville, i just took my first class on how to belay and climb from a top rope. Hopefully I can take the lead class soon. Where do you like to climb?

Brooke Morton · · North Carolina · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

Hey! I haven’t been back in town long enough to hit a gym yet (they’re all at least an hour from me) but I’ve been doing some bouldering up around linville and Boone! 

• That's sounds really cool, i've been wanting to check out the bouldering at both places. I have a crash pad, lets head out sometime. 
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

South Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "Beginner - looking for climbing partner in Ashe…"