Mountain Project Logo

Lovin' Arms

Original Post
Eric Fjellanger · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2008 · Points: 870

I read the 5/7 comment about the recent rockfall/continued looseness/route inspection on Lovin' Arms. I haven't seen any update since, can anybody provide more info?

EDIT: I should have looked harder, but I'd still welcome any more recent info you might have.

Ryan Hoover · · Arlington, WA · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 1,961

Mike and Sara went up and knocked the rest of the little loose stuff down. Should be good to go.

Nick Drake · · Kent, WA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 651

From the video Sara took the stuff on the last pitch really was significantly off route. The sketchy loose block in P5 that was talked about earlier in the season is gone. The big un that does shift is wedged in solid and isn't going anywhere.

Remember P2 of DH is a sauna mid morning, get on it at sun up or very late afternoon. Or just have fun greasing out of it like I usually do because I never remember that it gets so damn hot :D

Erroneous Publicus · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 35
Ha!  So true about pitch 2.  That shiny white granite is like a magnifying glass.  The route is clean now.  Here are the before and after pics of the block that fell out. You can recognize most of it in the debris at the base.  Lucky nobody was standing there when it happened.

Thanks everyone. I have twice climbed this route on hot summer days. I hope and pray that I am older and wiser now.

Damn that is the big one I was thinking of! That sucker moved on me last time I climbed it a couple years ago. Now I have to wonder what other block Sara meant.

How many stars did this route lose as this block fell out??

If anything it's better, trying to shuffle around that thing without pulling on it was a PITA and detracted from the pitch from my memory........but you know I head up P2 in blazing sun so my memory might not be trustworthy. 

z attack · · Wa · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 767

I just heard this weekend that the death block on the left side of the last pitch is still there. Anybody else know what I'm talking about?
If not, use caution if you trend left on the last pitch of lovin arms, on the far left side about maybe 4-6 feet to the left of the anchor there is a microwave size loose block easily moved.

mburbach Burbach · · Oakland, CA · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

Did anyone ask Davis Holland about any of this trundling?

Scout W · · Leavenworth · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 10
Eric Fjellanger wrote: How many stars did this route lose as this block fell out??

No stars lost! Have you climbed it since you posted/what do you think of it now?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Lovin' Arms"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started