Mountain Project Logo

Needles 6/12-6/14

Original Post
Michael Hill · · RAV4 · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 45

Hey, looking to climb in the needles in a few days. Got rope,rack, stoke, and experience. Looking to climb long 5.9-5.11 multipitch routes. Never climbed in the area before so hoping to climb with someone who knows there way around. Not a deal break though. Hit me up, excited to get out!

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

Make sure the road is open, before you drive there.

Nicole Yu · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined May 2012 · Points: 70

I called ranger station yesterday (6/10). 21S05 is still closed and it will take a while to open. Tree debris are removed but snow needs to be removed.

Lucas Barth · · Yosemite, CA · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 171

I heard the road was open, but there were snow drifts. This was over a week ago, so I'm guessing some has melted out.

carla rosa · · san jose, ca · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 111
Michael Hill wrote: Hey, looking to climb in the needles in a few days. Got rope,rack, stoke, and experience. Looking to climb long 5.9-5.11 multipitch routes. Never climbed in the area before so hoping to climb with someone who knows there way around. Not a deal break though. Hit me up, excited to get out!

The guidebook is immensely helpful. There are also plenty of laminated topos/route descriptions that can be found stashed at the main notch. Enjoy!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern California Partners
Post a Reply to "Needles 6/12-6/14"