Mountain Project Logo

Alternate Rainier/Tahoma climber 6/20-6/23?

Original Post
Arthur W · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

Hi all-

I'm trying to set up a plan B for my Rainier plans.  Right now planning to climb w/ 2 friends with a guide service.  6/19-20 on the mountain.  If bad conditions thwart a summit I am pretty certain my 2 climbing partners will not want another attempt this trip (work/family/timing reasons).  If there's anyone/teams out there interested potentially adding in another climber last minute (I'm self sufficient but a good team member) let me know.  I have all my own gear except pickets.  Also I live on the east coast which is why a simple trip involves a lot of planning for me.  I don't want to have a "summit or bust" mentality out of pressure of not having a bigger window compared to locals.  Thanks!

-Arthur

Briggs Lazalde · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

You planning on the DC? Also the dates u mentioned are when you plan on going but how long do u actually have if you need to wait? Feel free to PM as well but others may want more info as well

Arthur W · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

Sorry yea would be helpful for me to include. Yes the DC route. This Plan B would be (starting from Paradise) 6/21 or 6/22, assuming 2 days to climb. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Alternate Rainier/Tahoma climber 6/20-6/23?"

Log In to Reply