Mountain Project Logo

November climbing partner: New Zealand or Cajun de Maipo (Chile)

Original Post
Matt Lemke · · Bellingham, WA · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 0

Hey everyone! I know this is early, but I have November-February off work this winter, and I only have a climbing partner lined up for Dec-Feb in Patagonia. So for November I am looking for someone to climb with either in New Zealand, where my main objectives are Cook E ridge, Tasman, Malte Brun W ridge, Aspiring, and some routes in the Darran Range if weather permits.... or Cajun del Maipo, where some high altitude climbing would be in order, such as the following list:
Cerro Arenas South Face
Cerro Morado (ice routes if they are in)
Cerro San Francisco
Nevado del Plomo (through Olivares)

I'm really chill and have been climbing for about 8 years now...mostly alpine stuff but on rock I'm comfortable leading low 10s trad.

If anyone if interested please let me know! I've been to both places before and am very familiar with the logistics.

Cheers!

Tom Owain · · Christchurch, NZ · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hi, I live in Christchurch. I would potentially be keen to join you for a climb or two if you end up coming to New Zealand, depending on weather and work schedule etc. I'm hoping to get up Tasman, SW ridge of Aspiring and maybe a grand traverse of Cook this spring/summer.

By the way I would highly recommend climbing the north ridge of Malte Brun and descending the west ridge for an amazing traverse!

Cheers

Matt Lemke · · Bellingham, WA · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 0

Sweet! I sent you a PM

Kristian Pedersen · · Hedensted · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 0

Hi Matt
I am going to be climbing and hiking around the South Island from the middle of September to the middle of March. I am keen on both multipitch and alpine climbing. Leading up to high 11's on sport, 5.9 on trad and have done some multipitching. I am doing a mountaineering course this summer and would love to tag along on some alpine climbs in NZ, though I would only have limited experience from the course and a few summits in the Alps this summer.

Cheers
Kristian

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "November climbing partner: New Zealand or Cajun…"