Mountain Project Logo

shameless plug for barcelonaclimb.com Toti Vales

Original Post
neils · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 30

warning - this is shameless plug for a guide i used two weeks ago in Spain - here: http://www.barcelonaclimb.com/

I was away for business and managed to sneak two days of climbing in at Montserrat and The Pyrenees in Coll De Merolla near Gombren with Toti Vales. It was an absolutely stellar experience. He is an IFMGA guide, former coach for the Spanish national climbing team, multiple big wall assents, etc etc. He was coaching me on movement, technical climbing skills, and other things. I stayed at his hostel, his wife cooked for me, and we climbed two full solid days of multi pitch - I did not lead but he had no issues had I wanted to.

I am not affiliated at all - I just had an experience that so far exceeded my expectations I wanted to share and possibly throw Toti some business and help anyone that might be contemplating a trip to Spain. Really great guy and his prices are more than fair. Contact him via Whatsapp from his website. Spain was quite a place - a lifetime of climbing 30 mins in any direction.

Nick Votto · · CO, CT, IT · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 320

Good to know, thanks for the info I may contact them for some Pyrenees climbing when I'm there 

Delfi Brest · · Berchtesgaden · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

How much did he charge? I keep hearing great things about him but I don't know if I can affird €200 for a day of climbing :/

neils · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 30
Delfi Brest wrote: How much did he charge? I keep hearing great things about him but I don't know if I can affird €200 for a day of climbing :/

thats what it was. 199 euros per day for private guiding. it really is a fair price in the world of guided climbing. most charge more in my experience. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "shameless plug for barcelonaclimb.com Toti Vales"